Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ Mag cancelling their Best Of British awards at The Steelyard on Thursday, Concorde2 in Brighton pulling the plug on their NYE event. There will be more coming I suspect

DJ Mag cancelling their Best Of British awards at The Steelyard on Thursday, Concorde2 in Brighton pulling the plug on their NYE event. There will be more coming I suspect
With a reported 40% of ticket holders no-showing at gigs/dj nights I suspect many will start pulling shows for 'travel restriction' related reasons.

My friend travels with a promoter/dj around the UK and had been telling me for months that tickets are selling well but the actual nights are quiet

I can believe it, got tickets for a gig on Saturday and in all likelihood I won’t go - the risk of getting covid and impact over Christmas is to high. Even football on Wednesday I’m 50/50 given the complete lack of regard for mask wearing that is still around

Printworks just postponed this weekends shows to next year due to the big increases in Omnicron cases in London :(

A voluntary decision, putting health ahead of profit so fair play to them. Nobody wants Covid this close to Xmas.

They’ve been pushing the Hawtin show incredibly hard, I reckon it’s given them a good excuse given low ticket sales

You could be right...Gorgon City on the other night had sold out though.
So too had at least one of the Denis Sulta nights and Hydra at The Drumsheds was probably doing okay. All of those events were up there in the RA rankings, which I know isn't foolproof, but if they were underselling then so was everywhere else

Electric Brixton just cancelled both the Sulta nights. Loadsa football off. Think I’ll just stay in bed this weekend!

I think as mentioned there does seem to be a huge drop off rate of those turning up to things and risk of covid over Christmas this weekend is to great - so makes sense

I think as mentioned there does seem to be a huge drop off rate of those turning up to things and risk of covid over Christmas this weekend is to great - so makes sense

Yep, I think even people who are more carefree about it all are worried about having to isolate over Christmas. This variant really has come at the worst time for events and hospitality they were really banking on those office Xmas parties, family meet ups etc. Even if it improves by January its still January and the public stay in and save.

This variant really has come at the worst time for events and hospitality they were really banking on those office Xmas parties, family meet ups etc.
Should be a huge weekend. Still might be. I bet the pubs are still busy. Let's see what happens to those events scheduled between Xmas and the new year

Should be a huge weekend. Still might be. I bet the pubs are still busy. Let's see what happens to those events scheduled between Xmas and the new year
I admire the enthusiasm but I know one London pub chain shared their Week on Week revenue figures in % for this week / last - the best was -39% - the worst -70%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back