Clubbing In Thailand???

LagunaBeachCA

Folks:

I know that this is a board about Ibiza, and I apologize from swaying from the Balearic clubbing topics, but have anyone of you folks been to Thailand for clubbing? Just in the last couple of days I started reading about Thailand of having some of the best clubbing environment. In fact, The spots that were most widely mentioned as clubbers' havens were Ko Phan Gan, Ko Samui, Pattaya and Phuket with Ko Phan Gan being the main spot. The season seems to last from Nov till Feb.

I have been thinking about doing a two week trip in the next few months, and hence, I would appreciate some feedback from anybody who has had the experience of clubbing in Thailand.

Thanks,

LagunaBeachCA

Ye, that Ko Phan Gan has a good reputation. Full moon parties are always wicked (from what I hear). Just full of tourists now!

My mates have been there for Four months, they say the clubbing/music is rubbish.

MY mate said the full moon parties are pretty mint but he didnt discover any other clubbing out there.

The only clubbing is the aewsome full moon parties....

ummm.most go to Thailand for *other* adventures...

88 Flow said:

Well, I somehow knew someone was gonna say that. Unfortunately, that is the extremely sad part of Thailand, which has always (to this date) given me strong second thoughts about visiting Thailand.

It will basically boil down to how well I think I will be able to ignore the exploitation of the poor that goes on over there, and my level of interest in clubbing at one of the most famous spots in the world and my interest in doing some quality photography in a tropical environment.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

LagunaBeachCA said:
88 Flow said:

Well, I somehow knew someone was gonna say that. Unfortunately, that is the extremely sad part of Thailand, which has always (to this date) given me strong second thoughts about visiting Thailand.

It will basically boil down to how well I think I will be able to ignore the exploitation of the poor that goes on over there, and my level of interest in clubbing at one of the most famous spots in the world and my interest in doing some quality photography in a tropical environment.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

I thouhgt they meant drugs not nasty kid stuff :eek:

I spent a summer travelling around Thailand and didn't go clubbing apart from the Full Moon Parties. It is an experience but it is very touristy now and I think it has been spoilt as the locals are just out to fleece everyone (who'd blame them) and it all revolves around money and not having a good time like it used to be.
There are loads of pubs in Koh Samui and a few 'clubs' but it isn't a 'clubbers scene' if you know what I mean.
Thailand is a great place though and has loads to offer, it also has bad points but so does everywhere-I wouldn't let it put you off going though.
Hope that helps!
Chica

I know a guy who's going out there for 3 weeks in Decemeber. I'll report back to you what he thought of it......wont be till late december though. :confused:

My friends live on Ko Samui for 10 months a year and i've been before.

Full moon parties are very touristy and all thai people are out to fleece you its ok but there's only a full moon once a month. Its not really a clubbing mecca.

Well it just so happens that I'm going there next week on anopen ended ticket!!
The nightlife in Bangkok is supposed to be out of this world along with the mentioned full moon party on koh phangan.
On Koh Samui (Bo phut beach ot something) there's a bar called Gecko which is pretty much the same as bora bora except with a better beach (!)
Circoloco often do parties up there as do DJ mag, Jo Mills is a regular.
There's loooooads of other stuff hidden away too so if anyone wants to know anything you can always message me!

Robder said:
Well it just so happens that I'm going there next week on anopen ended ticket!!
The nightlife in Bangkok is supposed to be out of this world along with the mentioned full moon party on koh phangan.
On Koh Samui (Bo phut beach ot something) there's a bar called Gecko which is pretty much the same as bora bora except with a better beach (!)
Circoloco often do parties up there as do DJ mag, Jo Mills is a regular.
There's loooooads of other stuff hidden away too so if anyone wants to know anything you can always message me!

Good for you, Robder :D . I would love to know what your take was after you get back :) .

Folks:

Thank you very much for your feedback, and keep 'em comin' :) . As I told Stephen some time ago, this is probably the most helpful board, I have come across.

Cheers From Sunny CA (Southern, that is)

I've spent quite a bit of time in Thailand but the last time was 1997 :cry:

All I can say that it is unquestionably my favourite country to visit...the people are lovely, the food is great (even street food), the beaches are beautiful and instant chill out, and theres loads to do \ see etc. I can't wait to get back.

As for the sex tourists...if you don't want to be part of that it's easy to avoid...anyway most backpackers view the middle-aged men with 16 year old girls with contempt :evil:

Koh Phan Ngan is wonderful but even in 1997 teh full moon parties seemed on teh wane.

Go to Thailand with a smile on your face...(remember that although drugs are around you need to be very careful about not getting caught etc) and have a wonderful time 8) 8)

I have heard great things about those Full Moon parties, but I have
also heard Thailand is fabulous for the culture and the beauty too.

Phuket is suppose to be gorgeous.

I actually have been wanting to check out Thailand for awhile.

Go ride me an elephant...have some fun... :D

Ibiza-girlie said:
i will probably never get Ibiza out of my system!

IG:

Yup! That is definitely hard to do. Today, I was having a long and interesting conversation with my best friend's wife, who is also from Denmark (some island on the eastern side), and I was telling her the unique feeling of being in Ibiza this summer. Unique in the sense that the a large percentage of the crowd shared similar tastes in music, adventure, etc. Unique in the sense that almost everyone felt so comfortable cutting loose without any inhibitions. Her advice was to take a year off and head off to the White Isle or Spain. Who knows that just might be in my books soon :) .

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

This full moon party everyone is talking about, Where exactly is it held?, is there more than one location?, is it an all day/night event?, is there accomodation near by? and when are the parties in the next year, anyone have a full moon listing or something? Also, I have only ever heard amazing things about these parties, well until I read some of the responses on this forum. Is it the party of your life or not??????

Back