Clubbing In Thailand???

Hi kn1980,
The last time I was at a full moon party was 1998 so my experience is based on that and not sure how much it has changed since then.
They are held on koh Phangan (An island next to koh Samui) once a month-when there is a full moon, it varies from month to month so you will have to check a calendar. There are plenty of places to stay on the island but its best to get there a few days before full moon otherwise it'll be hard to find somewhere. I wouldn't say it was the party of my life-it was an experience more than a party to me. It depends who you go with and what you want to get out of it.
If you get the chance I would say go as there isn't anything else like it! :D

nish said:
Ye, that Ko Phan Gan has a good reputation. Full moon parties are always wicked (from what I hear). Just full of tourists now!

I have been to ko pangan in 1997 and there where only tourists too. ;)

Ibiza-girlie said:
yeah id love to go to those fullmoon parties!

Laguna: yeah, she´s from Sjælland or Sealand as it´s called in English!

IMPORTANT! dont go back the first day after the party,...stay on ko pangan one or two days more,....cause on the boats back (and they are really going fast!) everybody is puking!! ;)

hey you,
am in malaysia at the moment, but heading back to thailand...about the partying and clubbing...i dont know....if youre into lots and lots and loads of ladyboys, this is the spot to be. otherwise, stay away. the fullmoonparties on ko pha ngan are not as good as they used to be. too many rude israelis there, ko samui only has girlie bars, cheap girls trying to get you into their stupid bars, ko phi phi is wicked, though, expensive, but good diving during the day and sweet hang outs during the night. no clubbing, though. sorry.

bali party time

meaow said:
anyone know if balis any better for clubs/bars?
or what bout the goa beach raves?

bali is pretty quiete aftre the bombing thing last year. when i was there about 2,5 months ago, the "brasilian and italian season" had just ended. before that is the german and brit season and before that, who knows...
depending on that, different bars and clubs get different kind of music, djs and themes. in general, south east asia is not really the place to party and go clubbing. its more relaxed and chilled everywhere....and stupid touts no matter where you turn....enjoy.
sunny

Back