Clubbing in NYC

dominicfiend

Hi all,

Me and the breadknife are going to NYC in a few weeks and wouldn't mind sampling what the Big Apple has got to offer in the way of clubs.

I've scoured the net and the only sort of places I can find that may be ok are Pacha and Webster Hall.

Are there any hidden gems that you know of?

Cheers

Dom

Hi all,

Me and the breadknife are going to NYC in a few weeks and wouldn't mind sampling what the Big Apple has got to offer in the way of clubs.

I've scoured the net and the only sort of places I can find that may be ok are Pacha and Webster Hall.

Are there any hidden gems that you know of?

Cheers

Dom

hola

me and the missus are off to NYC 19th Feb, some friends of mine there are taking us to see DJ Dove@Dream Hotel for a night of SPYBAR AND CENTRO FLY CLASSICS on the 21st.

Sanchez is playing Cielo on the 12th Feb.

lemme know when yr going and ill ask and see whats on for ya.

8)

here ya go

all the well known places, (cielo, pacha, etc) have become sterile and that's if you make it in. think strip and search, the only thing you'll get past the security is a big wad of dollars.

so instead, try bar 13 or love...........or better still go to brooklyn for The Bunker @public assembley or for a night at studio B.

all clubs close at 4am.

Cielo and Spybar used to be great fun, nice French guys started them. Victims of their own success, I guess... Go the Brooklyn option, nice, most places in Manhattan you need to know people, be someone or have mucho dollars to get in anywhere. Or maybe things have improved with the recession ???

The club I really want to go to is The Shelter - but I heard it closed down :confused:

see my guide, it did last year and was taken over by greenhouse (an environmentally friendly club:confused:). only just opened recently.

i think timmy regisford will be doing shelter nights at that club, rather than the club just being called The Shelter.

Thanx folks, we're going 12th - 16th Feb. Sanchez may be a reasonable option... my lady is not keen on the dirtier side of the spectrum.

I'm quite surprised at the lack of house on offer.

If you could ask Chewie that would be great. Cheers amigo

Thanx folks, we're going 12th - 16th Feb. Sanchez may be a reasonable option... my lady is not keen on the dirtier side of the spectrum.

I'm quite surprised at the lack of house on offer.

If you could ask Chewie that would be great. Cheers amigo

Roger @ Cielo is his Secret Soul Sessions. ;)

A word of warning Cielo can be a bitch to get in. you should be ok as a glammed up couple tho.

ill PM whatever i find out.

why opening another nyc-nightlife-thread ?

try the search-function:
www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=43177

I did do a search, scrolled though a couple of pages... and didn't see anything suitable. Yes, if I'd have scrolled through a few more I would have found this... a thread which little to nothing about clubbing. But safe to say if it did have anything to do with clubbing, I'm guessing the city has probably changed a bit in two years. Anyhoo... very sorry spotlight police... Bad me :spank:

PS Thanx Chewie

feb14flyer.jpg

this will be a very very special night - thats a siiiiick lineup!!

plus this caught my attention, if you have trouble entering any of those 'Yuppy' venues

Dress Code :: Don't be silly
Door Policy :: Open & Equal Always

"...
... New York, Pacha ... Due to the relative importance of the NYC Pacha branch,
it has been the most closely monitored operation of the Urgell franchises.

... It would have been a disaster had this venue suffered
from tacky third rate line-ups, the fate of many Pacha franchises worldwide ...
..."
:lol: :lol:

Love and Cielo are always fun places for good tunes and dancing if you're inclined. Also APT is a very fun venue with a good mix of ppl, eclectic music each night; it's usually better during the middle of the week. Studio B is really fun, but its a B**CH to get back from Brooklyn after certain times.

Love and Cielo are always fun places for good tunes and dancing if you're inclined. Also APT is a very fun venue with a good mix of ppl, eclectic music each night; it's usually better during the middle of the week. Studio B is really fun, but its a B**CH to get back from Brooklyn after certain times.

studio b is closed
and its like a 5 minute ride into the city anyway lol

Roger @ Cielo is his Secret Soul Sessions. ;)

A word of warning Cielo can be a bitch to get in. you should be ok as a glammed up couple tho.

ill PM whatever i find out.

if you're a guy, yes
and depending what night.. certain djs bring in certain crowds lolll!

im a girl and roll in there in jeans and sneakers :p

try residentadvisor.net events section
and rhythmism.com calender section :lol:

and u can message me for advice or unadvertised partayyys 8)

i should have added the caveat "...when you're pickled" to the end of that i geuss... not so sure about the 5 minutes tho, if ur coming from uptown. never had a problem with Cielo's door either.

Back