Club Chinois 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Anyone been or has any reports from the opening night of UNA last Tuesday? I wanted to go but having Maluma just round the corner and Carl Cox opening at DC10 I feared it could’ve been maybe too much on the quiet side so decided to give it miss.

Listings here for anybody else searching:

Mondays | BES

Tuesdays | UNA

Wednesdays | THEMBA presents Colours

Thursdays | Satori

Fridays | We're Here

Saturday | Luciano

Any reports from any nights at Chinois? I’d like to visit soon but I’m curious to know how’s performing, numbers wise, now that it’s been opened for a while.

Any reports from any nights at Chinois? I’d like to visit soon but I’m curious to know how’s performing, numbers wise, now that it’s been opened for a while.
The nights I've been to have been musically excellent but lacking numbers. The same story: too much going on, too much competition, and for a new name here they are finding the waters challenging

It was always going to be a bit hard for them being the new kid on the block and obviously needs time to establish still, that’s a shame as I find their programming quite good.

I went to Themba last night. Nice & shiny club. Feels ‘expensive’. Golden swan (?) taps in the bathrooms! Great music, visuals & lighting. The dancers were 🔥. Terrace was open. Wasn’t very busy at all. Maybe 200 people? Themba came on at 2am. FYI My husband pulled out his only pair of jeans to wear last night due to the long trousers ‘rule’ but loads of men in there were wearing shorts.

Last edited:
there is no long trousers policy at club chinois
Terrace still there even i didnt found it, just black door to pull

tuesday , french mate was gutted that its was empty even good music from Ida, upon his musical tate

thurday friday n sat are not empty at club chinois

there is no long trousers policy at club chinois
Terrace still there even i didnt found it, just black door to pull

tuesday , french mate was gutted that its was empty even good music from Ida, upon his musical tate

thurday friday n sat are not empty at club chinois
Officially there is and we are duty bound to include this info on our platform.

If people decide to risk this, that is up to them. Like a lot of these policies, they aren't always enforced. However, turning up not in the dress code you always run the chance of being turned away - especially on busy nights

And yeah, Chinois is doing really well Thursday through to Saturday

Like a lot of businesses, it's early and midweek which are generally tougher across the board unless you are a big hitter like Paradise or Coxy

Thinking of Sven Vath (Catharsis) on Tuesday , Sept 27... Sven is a bit of a legend as far as OG techno goes (still mixing vinyl only I think) and I like his music and his passion doing what he does.

After reading the above I am a bit worried there will lack vibe / intensity / fun if the club is relatively quiet given it's a Tuesday and also rather late in the season. It's 40 euro and I'm guessing 15 euro a drink/beer so I want to kind of prioritize my clubbing dollars...

My other planned (purchased) night is Elrow closing Amnesia on Saturday Oct 1... which will be a pricey night of course.

First time at both these clubs BTW... I saw Armin van Buuren at Ushuaia in Sept 2019 and loved it...

So... should I go for Sven Vath at Club Chinois? Perhaps a smaller crowd will be a blessing in disguise, room to dance, breath etc...

Thinking of Sven Vath (Catharsis) on Tuesday , Sept 27... Sven is a bit of a legend as far as OG techno goes (still mixing vinyl only I think) and I like his music and his passion doing what he does.

After reading the above I am a bit worried there will lack vibe / intensity / fun if the club is relatively quiet given it's a Tuesday and also rather late in the season. It's 40 euro and I'm guessing 15 euro a drink/beer so I want to kind of prioritize my clubbing dollars...

My other planned (purchased) night is Elrow closing Amnesia on Saturday Oct 1... which will be a pricey night of course.

First time at both these clubs BTW... I saw Armin van Buuren at Ushuaia in Sept 2019 and loved it...

So... should I go for Sven Vath at Club Chinois? Perhaps a smaller crowd will be a blessing in disguise, room to dance, breath etc...

I was also toying with this night. The only reason I’m 50/50 is the fact I have to fly the next morning. 😵‍💫 If it was any other day on my trip it would be a no brainer for me. It obviously won’t be as busy as Elrow (Not a bad thing) but I can’t see it being quiet either for Sven. I think it’ll be a great night based on reports from a friend who’s been to Luciano at Chinois. She said the vibe in there was really nice.

I was also toying with this night. The only reason I’m 50/50 is the fact I have to fly the next morning. 😵‍💫 If it was any other day on my trip it would be a no brainer for me. It obviously won’t be as busy as Elrow (Not a bad thing) but I can’t see it being quiet either for Sven. I think it’ll be a great night based on reports from a friend who’s been to Luciano at Chinois. She said the vibe in there was really nice.
Thanks!!! In queue for Ryanair right now from bcn... Thanks for the recommendation... Probably will head there

It was a phenomenal night. Incredible club, perfect intimate but not lacking serious sound and visuals...

Sven was even better than I thought... Was tired at 11pm but went and wound up dancing and grooving til about 5:45am...

Would readily go back for the right act there.

Staff and overall vibe were very cool as you mentioned.

Thanks to a fellow forum member for generously offering guest list to me...

Back