Club Chinois 2022 - Reviews & Reports

Berlin_Guy

Anyone been to Chinois allready can give some review on the club?
Let me answer my own question ;) We have been to the Themba Opening yesterday. Chinois has a noble appearance. Everything is shiny and smooth. The sound, visuals and light show are on a top level. Really enjoyed the music of Guy Mantzur, who played up-beat house music with african and oriental influences. We left around 3, right before Themba was playing. At that point the club was almost half empty which is the only downside to our experience. Maybe another night or maybe later in the season Chinois will be more crowded when the club has had it‘s breakthrough. I think it has the potential to become a well-established Ibiza club.

Do they still have the spiral stairs up from the main floor to the outside terrace area? That was one of the best chill-out spots.

Went last night for BOHO

I really love what they have done.

For those that remember HEART, what stays the same is the location of the bar, the wrap-around screens on the dancefloor and where the toilets are.

The DJ booth has been moved slight further forward and is closer to ground level

But its the dancefloor where the biggest change has happened. Although there's still a VIP area, all that space that was previously used for dining tables has been stripped away and opened up. It's much more like a club now. The sound is great too

As for the roof terrace, I think unless things change, that will be the preserve of the diners of ZUMA, which occupies the upper level. There's a small smoking area out the back

Roof terrace gone for club patrons? That's no good, it was the best feature of Heart.
I agree it was nice, but then again if you're a club owner, you really want your customers on the dancefloor and not upstairs

I agree it was nice, but then again if you're a club owner, you really want your customers on the dancefloor and not upstairs

Actually a good point. Thinking back Heart was often more of a rest night for us, and we were on the Terrace for 75% of the night like a lot of others. It probably was too big for the size of the club.

Sad to hear. They should have a bit More agressive pricing/PR policy to fill up the club, so people would get a great feeling about this newcomer.

Heart had cheaper Tickets than the others : 10 or 15 Euros cheaper. But maybe it doesnt matter.
Maybe they need some bigger namens. They had B Sinclar in Heart and it Was rammen. Same with Luciano.
Think it will be better in the next weeks.

Just got back from Colours @ Chinois. Bit of a weird one this eve,

Managed to win the tug of war with the guys I’m with of paradise vs themba @ chinois.

Made the mistake of getting tickets on the door. Christ. We got there about 11:20pm and were welcomed to 2-3 people inside. So we went up to the terrace for 2 hours and came down to the club a bit busier.

I never went to Heart but this place really is good. Lighting and sound system is top drawer.

Sebastien Leger & Themba were very good. Can’t fault anything on their part. But the club didn’t even get anywhere near a 1/3rd full. Was a great crowd nonetheless but just so empty.

The event says 6am finish but the music was shut off at 4.30 to about 20-30 people on the floor.

A great club & a really good evening. Just hope this night gets busier as the season goes on
Interesting feedback. I am going to keep a very close eye on this over the next couple of weeks, not feeling it being empty. Hopefully Luciano will be a bigger draw for people the week I am over...

Interesting feedback. I am going to keep a very close eye on this over the next couple of weeks, not feeling it being empty. Hopefully Luciano will be a bigger draw for people the week I am over...
Honestly the club is great, quite an intimate venue. We did really enjoy the night, was just a shame about it being so quiet!

we mustn't forget it's end of june, right before payday and right after glasto. this has effects on everything, pretty much all nights have been a tad quieter this week so far. and obvs with a new night in a 'new' venue you feel it a little more still.

Is there a relaxing area anywhere ? The terrace is open while its a club ? Sometimes I want to sit down for half an hour

we mustn't forget it's end of june, right before payday and right after glasto. this has effects on everything, pretty much all nights have been a tad quieter this week so far. and obvs with a new night in a 'new' venue you feel it a little more still
Hoping it's quiet this weekend too (LOLS)

Back