closing parties 2008...reviews! (continuous)

אמאלה... איזה רוויו ... צמרמורות עוברות לי בגוף... וכל הגוף שלי פשוט נרגש מאושר ....

thnx Scorchi.... awesome review

wahey! great review (and pictures) of amnesia closing there scorchio! :D

can't stop raving about how good it was.

amnesia closing was great...,
btw - what was the ambient track he finished with??

i'm not sure. was it the 2003 track from luciano? it's called "artamis" - brilliant track. (it's on beatport and so on if you do a search for it) as i said, not sure if it was the last track, but i definitely heard it that morning...i think!

ibiza blues

Hi,this is our first thread ,and having read this site many times and added nothing thought it was about time (thanks for the prompting McRackin and Nostrum) . Me and the other half went out again this year for the fifteenth time I think, the first time being 89 (yes we're old but have catched the Ibiza bug along time ago!). We both are still suffering the holiday blues having been back two weeks, I know its bad because Nats is now trying to learn spanish and is talking about moving to ibiza!

Sat here now going through the 15 or so dodgey lookie lookie men cds we bought in FunKafe in Playa D'en Bossa, a bar well recommended and called our local for 2 weeks. We met some very interesting characters (as always!).

Having stayed in Jet Apartments again (after 6 years) I think that may be the last time we stay there. Bossa Mar! Be warned! Naked Germans on the balcony at 6am chanting, not nice! Either we are getting old or they are getting louder! I think maybe the latter! Whatever, we still managed to do 2 nights at DC 10 which were fantastic, as ever. It's always about the people, not the club. That said, we really hope it is open next year. If not, do not worry, as Ibiza has a habit of creating something new, always.

New nights we went to this year, Monza and Meganite closing parties. Monza closing was fantastic and also the line-up, Rhadoo and Luciano fantastico, but felt Villalobos was let down with the acoustics for his set. DC10 Rules!

We we're taken on a magical mystery tour by our friends Franceso & Eleanora (of Hora beach bar fame, Playa D'en Bossa, we really miss that chinguito) to the closing party of the Zoo Project. Again another amazing night, blown away! Music and entertainment, unbeatable!

Our hols spanned 2 weeks, and I think we covered everything possible (as always), but I strongly recommend getting a car as it opens up the avenues that would otherwise be untouchable. The beaches, the restaurants, I don't know where to start. Maybe I will leave another thread that will cover these. But I would say, listen to the locals and your friends for places to visit off the beaten track, they are the best.

We have learnt that Ibiza is in the heart and soul and the friends you meet along the way.

Love Eivissa

Last edited by a moderator:
When he played Chiapet - Westworld [Skylark Remix] I was in complete awe, I think it's one of the tunes that are most suitable to be heard @ Space, especially in such an event and when the king is playing!

The moment he played Chiapet I was jumping higher than FOC I FUM (mind they have stilts on!!!!). What an amazing Tribal tune... I foresee a TRIBAL come back anytime soon 8)

Circoloco was pretty much all Tribal stuff on the terrace both times we were there this summer

Johnny D and Reboot make tribal 2008 style. Closer to the deeper tribal (eg Dubtribe Soundsystem) than the harder tribal (Tribal stuff circa 1994).

Proper summer music, me thinks.

a few weeks ago now. but watching the amnesia closing videos, pics and stories........i have to say it was easily my favourite party of the summer.

i didn't get anywhere near as many club air miles as stivi but defo amnesia closing had something unique. can't wait for the opening 09!! :D

Back