Clockwork Orange 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it has outgrown Tanit to be honest. Yeah, it was busy, but I've seen worse. And by about 6pm when they lifted the canopy back it was nicely packed and a brilliant atmosphere. I'd have it back there again, but try and improve the ventilation, maybe even extend the decking a bit. It was an almost perfect party IMO.....the worst bit was Danny pretending to be a headline DJ!

Part of the problem on Sunday was the amount of beds- outside of the canopy you could hardly move unless you were right down at the sea.

Honestly I think when all is said and done they will stick with tanit. If this was a new party in its 2nd or 3rd year with young promoters I'd say yes move. These guys are more experienced and hopefully know they have a good thing the way it is. Fingers crossed

As much as I occasionally like listening to music from over the last 30 years, I don't see the appeal in a whole weekend of the same music. Things move on, there's lots of new music to explore.

As much as I occasionally like listening to music from over the last 30 years, I don't see the appeal in a whole weekend of the same music. Things move on, there's lots of new music to explore.
Whilst I agree with you on the music front, Sunday for me was all about the fun at the party itself. I was over for 3 nights and couldn't have done old school music every night as it does get samey, so we broke the trip up with a night at Pikes. And to be honest, some of the music at Sankeys wasn't as predictable as I was expecting.

Clockwork at obc would be shit for the older generation but the new skis would love it,

I'd say they might be looking to Finnish the sankys part and charge in at obc. Keep mambo free!

Could be it's success is its downfall

Would be shit in my eyes .

Whilst I agree with you on the music front, Sunday for me was all about the fun at the party itself.

^^ For me too. I only went to the Beach Party. My trip in June I didn't get tempted into any clubs ... but couldn't pass on this. Have basically finished with night clubs, just don't want to lose my mornings on holiday any more. Day parties have become largely EDM-dominated affairs and none of Destino, OBC and Ushuaia are really my bag anyway. I couldn't be bothered to go to Destino in June even with no door entry charge and Sasha on the lineup. There's so few chances for a proper party on the sand now it would be a great shame to see yet another one herded into one of those glammed-up venues.

Last edited:
I had a great time...

I arrived at Sankeys around midnight to see the ultimate handbag himself drop some tunes only for the power to off for around 40 mins, it didn't dampen spirits and I stayed until the end, some great sets and not all old Skool, great to see Smokin Jo as well back on the Isle. I don't like Sankys, I really feel they need to take it elsewhere, a lot of people I know went to Glitterbox

Sunday was crazy hot, but still highly enjoyable, I've read some of the negative comments about the heat, too many beds, grown men fanning themselves, should have had air con ...blah blah . Jason Bye smashed the place to pieces with his set, a few of the others were pants, SF should have stayed in the wall at Amnesia. It as easier to get a drink than last year and slightly better organised. Again i stayed until the end and then went to the after party at Dunes, some great up to date Tech House played, bought me back up and I loved it

Monday Mambo was ram, never seen it so busy, vinyl set from Bysie was a treat, crowd were up for it and it as a great vibe. I went to the after party which was another highlight, Jason Bye wasnt scheduled to play but came on for about an hour, the atmosphere was electric, it was fantastic. All the DJ's were good.

I listen to old Skool for two weekends of the the year so I know exactly what music to expect and I look forward to it. I go raving a hell of a lot, prob more than most, it's great to listen to that fantastic era of music.

It's getting bigger, I do think there needs to be a few changes, it will be interesting to see what happens next year, the normal rumour mill will churn but Manstan quotes it will not be going to Oceon Beach.

Good review Kent kid. Danny clockwork also rubbished the ocean beach talk as well now so good news. Sounds like Jason bye owned it this year. Makes a massive difference when he is on the clockwork lineups

It's definitely all about the beach on the Sunday so I wouldn't be too bothered where the Friday happens. The main thing that makes it work is that the people are actually there to dance .

Glad you enjoyed the beach party Kent Kid. I pretty much arrived to JH who was OK actually SF was a bit of a car crash in places it's true but don't think anyone cared much by then. Didn't stay through the end of AM v TP. and so was spared DC on the decks :lol:. As you say it's a rare foray back to that era and if it wasn't for that crowd I wouldn't bother (like so many others). Was out with a boat all day Monday and staggered past Mambo with a load of gear headed back to my hotel about half eight. didn't look like much was going off tbh...

Should've come and said hi. :twisted:

the normal rumour mill will churn but Manstan quotes it will not be going to Ocean Beach.

Thank fook for that !

Last edited:
You should have Kimjay, I got to Mambo at 9pm ......it defo started to off after that, standing room only and they were struggling with the crowds.

I was getting some air during JH set tbh chatting to a MILF :lol: . The beds were close, but if you to pay 800e for a bed that's up to you, people are on holiday and I respect that, they are not kids.

There were alot of new faces this year, good to see. I would like to see them stop the 1 hour sets, that really is old Skool.

Chatting to a big group on the Friday they had been in Glitterbox but came back only for Jason Bye's set, he does make a big difference to the line up, he is a different class.

You should have Kimjay, I got to Mambo at 9pm ......it defo started to off after that, standing room only and they were struggling with the crowds.

Was fit for nothing that night - up before 8am after Tanit to sort out gear and provisions, and take the boat over. Didn't get away from the port until gone 8pm. Also realized I'd left a bag stowed on the boat and had to go all the way back to retrieve it before they shut the jetty access, head was in shreds by then ! Wound up in Golden Buddha for a late night pizza and crashed :rolleyes:

I was getting some air during JH set tbh chatting to a MILF :lol:

... there were a great many to choose from :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back