Cliff jumping

There is a small cliff af Cala Salada Beach that we were jumping off last year. Great fun - we came back virtually every day! :)

It's only about 7 meters high from the water - so perfect for lightweights, I mean beginners! :p
Wouldn't recmommend diving and it's probably best to wear something on your feet as the water is only about 1.75 meters deep!

You get to it by walking to the right as you get onto the beach. Once you jump in, it's quite easy to get back up by cllimbing up the left hand side as you look at the rock from the water.

I should think we shall be returning there this year... ;)

just so you guys know what you're letting yourselves in for on this rock .... here's me

Speckled Pants said:
total_gadget said:
there is one place i have been cliff jumping at for about 10 years but virtually no-one knows about it....

If you go to Benirras beach on the north coast of the island , you'll see about a mile out from shore , a cylindrical rock which is about 20 metres high....

either swim out there if you're fit enough or hire a boat/canoe from the shore ....

when you get to the rock , you'll find a little alcove on the left hand side of the rock that the locals have attached a rope to so you can climb up the first bit... then you have climb up the rest of the way spiderman-stylee.

Theres a platform at about 10-15 metres up which is quite big ( 5mtres across). From here , you can dive off ....

be warned .... this is not for the faint hearted.....

if you're going to jump.... you will probably need some shoes on or it'll hurt...

If you're goin to dive .... be sure you can get it right ....

this ledge is about the same if not slightly higher than the highest olympic diving board....

i did some diving training in my teens ....

its safe underwater because the rock itself comes up from 40metres down to the surface in an almost perfect cylindrical shape so there are no nasty surprises underwater....

i've had many AWESOME days sat up there with friends,a picnic and lots of diving...

heres a couple of photos of the rock ... you can't miss it once you get to the beach itself...
1beachb.jpg

0tn_Benirras1.jpg

good luck and happy jumping/diving.....

g

That rocks a beast, roll on Aug 8)

think i wil stick to a cocktail at coastline and to just dip my feet in the pool. :(

Wizbit said:
There is a small cliff af Cala Salada Beach that we were jumping off last year. Great fun - we came back virtually every day! :)

It's only about 7 meters high from the water - so perfect for lightweights, I mean beginners! :p
Wouldn't recmommend diving and it's probably best to wear something on your feet as the water is only about 1.75 meters deep!

You get to it by walking to the right as you get onto the beach. Once you jump in, it's quite easy to get back up by cllimbing up the left hand side as you look at the rock from the water.

I should think we shall be returning there this year... ;)

Good little jump that aye, nice beach too, the beach i've also gone naked in!

Back