Circoloco - sellouts

Why is starting a record label “selling out”?
Surely the last year or so have taught clubbing brands that they can’t really just rely on events to generate income.

By 'partnering' with a video game company?
And why not? Would it make any difference if they would do that with a car manufacturer or washing powder brand? Others in the industry have collaborated with the video gaming industry before, think yours Solomun and Tale of Us just to mention a couple.

And why not? Would it make any difference if they would do that with a car manufacturer or washing powder brand? Others in the industry have collaborated with the video gaming industry before, think yours Solomun and Tale of Us just to mention a couple.
Sure - but don't go around pretending your some kind of underground clubbing entity using the tag line 'no soul for sale' then

By the way I have no axe to grind, Circo Loco has given me some of my best clubbing experiences and will still go every Monday I am on the island. I just find it funny

Last edited:
No harm done, I was just pointing out that some clubs might have the reputation of being more “credible” than others but let’s not forget they are also a business, out there to make money.

No harm done, I was just pointing out that some clubs might have the reputation of being more “credible” than others but let’s not forget they are also a business, out there to make money.

Yes

Most of the partys were a lot of fun at DC10. Good line ups , everything ok.
Its a holiday island ,there are no underground clubs. Who cares ?

as long as Rockstar don't influence them into switching things up to appeal to a more commercial / worldwide crowd then should be fine. the blessed Madonna's new track although catchy it's nothing I would of imagined her putting out even just a few years ago. radio airtime

Circo loco is one of the most commercial ibiza brands imo.

Can't argue much with their dc10 lineups though 💪🏽
Set times could be a little longer and maybe a little too much clout given to the martinez bros and jaimie Jones (pre paradise) but aside from that the lineups are always great

Yes

Most of the partys were a lot of fun at DC10. Good line ups , everything ok.
Its a holiday island ,there are no underground clubs. Who cares ?
It's still underground. It's just more popular within the scene because the DJs are more well known, and the parties are bigger and receive more press but the music is still underground. The general crowd still doesn't know who Solomun, ToU, Hawtin etc are

It's still underground. It's just more popular within the scene because the DJs are more well known, and the parties are bigger and receive more press but the music is still underground. The general crowd still doesn't know who Solomun, ToU, Hawtin etc are
I thought its only in germany

Less people in Germany know primal Scream , Joy Division , Happy Mondays and so on.

people will always hate brands for doing what they are built to do... make money

anyway, on a better note... i'll never ever forget seeing villalobos b2b luciano on the terrace in 2006 :cool:o_O

Back