Circo Loco @ DC10 2023 - Reviews & Reports

Any reports from yesterday?
Belatedly. We went early for the garden and Adriatique. &me v rampa were good in the garden (thanks for the recommendation). By the time we had heard that and had a few drinks the place was rammed for Adriatique at 1am. I promised my mate we would go and see Prydz so only caught an hour of the former. As always with them, the first half of the set is a build up (no peaks and troughs) and I’m pretty sure we missed the best of it. Good to see dc10 putting out a big line up and the crowd was up for it. But we probably left at the worst time. As for the entry fee…I’m the guy that stupidly paid €159 to do two clubs in one night. Not my best decision, but difficult to please two groups and stay together.

Last edited:
As you might have seen it was a very changed line-up last Monday (28 Aug) due to the flight issues from the U.K.

Bedouin were added to play the Garden. They played really well, and I’m loving their slightly faster BPM at the moment. I think they have just found this perfect balance now. No more falling asleep in one of their sets. We caught most of the set, and all good apart from the last 5 mins where they just kind of meandered and ended abruptly (maybe sound cut off).

What made this night a little weird in the two rooms was I think some folks hadn’t seen the change in line-ups. So you got the sense some were confused when the DJ they wanted to see weren’t there.

Solid sets from Prospa and Gerd Janson. Gerd played the perfect Terrace set for me. Good vibes, melodic house. Played a version of Loods - Love Is Real which went down so well.

Quest followed and I didn’t get into it. Wasn’t just me, a few agreed. He slowed it down for too long, and no idea what destination he was aiming for.

Went into the main room for Pional, and got back into it. Really solid. Really enjoyed Francesco Del Garda played a good (quite funky in a way) for the main room, but loved it.

After that met lots of people outside who will be friends for life… so the usual end to a night.

Overall not the best Circo I’ve been to. Programming a bit random, but considering they lost 5-6 DJs last minute they did pretty good job.

Bedouin were added to play the Garden. They played really well, and I’m loving their slightly faster BPM at the moment. I think they have just found this perfect balance now. No more falling asleep in one of their sets. We caught most of the set, and all good apart from the last 5 mins where they just kind of meandered and ended abruptly (maybe sound cut off).

Was that announced on the day at any point? It's a shame I didn't know as I'd loved to see them play the garden.
Are you going to Saga?

Last edited:
As you might have seen it was a very changed line-up last Monday (28 Aug) due to the flight issues from the U.K.

What made this night a little weird in the two rooms was I think some folks hadn’t seen the change in line-ups. So you got the sense some were confused when the DJ they wanted to see weren’t there.

Solid sets from Prospa and Gerd Janson. Gerd played the perfect Terrace set for me. Good vibes, melodic house. Played a version of Loods - Love Is Real which went down so well.

Quest followed and I didn’t get into it. Wasn’t just me, a few agreed. He slowed it down for too long, and no idea what destination he was aiming for.

Went into the main room for Pional, and got back into it. Really solid. Really enjoyed Francesco Del Garda played a good (quite funky in a way) for the main room, but loved it.

After that met lots of people outside who will be friends for life… so the usual end to a night.

Overall not the best Circo I’ve been to. Programming a bit random, but considering they lost 5-6 DJs last minute they did pretty good job.
Was it slammed as usual?

Assume it’s too early but has anyone got any reports on DC10 last night, particularly Skrillex?

Well! Skrillex isn’t usually my thing. Planted myself by the Backstage Door for Desiree - who played really well IMO - perfect early Terrace set. We were going to move out when the Skrillex B2B started, but classic error left too late and the place was rammed. Impossible to move. I opened my mind and was actually pretty impressed to be honest. The first hour especially was really good. I’m not a massive expert on his style, but some clever stuff going on and him and Jyoty had the place in their hands. Moved out the last 30 mins as the novelty had worn off - but still very good.

Got my times wrong and actually wanted to see Red Axes but ended up in main room with Daniel Avery - solid techno set!

Overall very busy I thought, and busier than the week before. The Terrace was especially busy all night long. With the insane humidity last few days it was too hot outside - so inside was only escape.

Well! Skrillex isn’t usually my thing. Planted myself by the Backstage Door for Desiree - who played really well IMO - perfect early Terrace set. We were going to move out when the Skrillex B2B started, but classic error left too late and the place was rammed. Impossible to move. I opened my mind and was actually pretty impressed to be honest. The first hour especially was really good. I’m not a massive expert on his style, but some clever stuff going on and him and Jyoty had the place in their hands. Moved out the last 30 mins as the novelty had worn off - but still very good.

Got my times wrong and actually wanted to see Red Axes but ended up in main room with Daniel Avery - solid techno set!

Overall very busy I thought, and busier than the week before. The Terrace was especially busy all night long. With the insane humidity last few days it was too hot outside - so inside was only escape.
Interesting review mate. Seen a few clips of the night and some sounds Skrillex / Jyoty were playing didn't sound like the usual sound you'd associate with Circo but equally the crowd seem to be bang up for it and your review echoes this.. lot to be said for offering something different I suppose.

I'm there next Monday so interested to know where Skrillex will play. I imagine with him playing the terrace this week they'll change it up and he'll play the main room / garden. Hopefully it's a little quieter as getting into position to see someone you're up for on the terrace can be a nightmare when it's rammo

Skrillex / Jyoty were playing didn't sound like the usual sound you'd associate with Circo but equally the crowd seem to be bang up for it and your review echoes this.. lot to be said for offering something different I suppose.

Agree, was new for me. I mean has to be said they are offering some damn good line-ups. And the crowd is a lot younger, so they obviously hooking in the next generation.

I feel obligated to write a review on Skrillex at Circoloco since I was so excited to see him there. I arrived at around 12:30 after walking from Ushuaia. The taxi line was ridiculous after david guetta and we decided to walk the treacherous path to DC-10, which was an adventure. We need a few basic upgrades for the main walking routes off the highway to the airport clubs. When we got to DC10 around midnight it was so packed it felt like a crowd crush could be occurring. This was my fave night of the entire trip, but it is not for everyone, and some of my friends were scared and went home. He did something special, everyone was dancing, this was ibiza magic. I arrived after the garden dispersed so I missed out cause I have never been before. Skrillex-Jyoty BenUFO, I hope there was a b2b I didn't see. It was my first time at this event and would go back.

Looking forward to my 2nd trip of the year next week.
I'm hoping for &ME and Rampa to be playing final Garden set, but I suppose they will be peak time sardine terrace.
So maybe DJ Tennis? will be another good option

To be honest after the bad closing set from the garden in my June trip I'm sure whoever closes it will do better for me!

Very excited either way :cool:

Back