Circo Loco @ DC10 2023 - Reviews & Reports

So I don't know a whole lot about Skrillex but i'm there the week after when he's also playing. Surely his music doesn't fit the bill for DC10 / Circo or am I missing something with him?

They do a few left-field DJs sometimes. There are two rooms, so if you are not into it, the next room should be more your thing...

So I don't know a whole lot about Skrillex but i'm there the week after when he's also playing. Surely his music doesn't fit the bill for DC10 / Circo or am I missing something with him?
you may be pleasantly surprised. a few DJs that I follow really rate him and says he throws the best afters ever. I know he was really good friends with Jamie Roy.

you may be pleasantly surprised. a few DJs that I follow really rate him and says he throws the best afters ever. I know he was really good friends with Jamie Roy.
I can't say I ever saw Jamie Roy but the nights he played never quite suited my eye so it makes sense that I managed to miss him. Interested to know who else is backing Skrillex after parties

Do you mean Skream, not Skrillex ?

I doubt Skrillex will play a dubstep set at Circo Loco. He’s been with Fred Again and Four Tet a lot recently

I'll give it a shot, hope I do him justice as I've only recently become a big fan. I must disclose I am not into dubstep/heavy stuff but skrillex can transcend genres during a set that I can at least tolerate sounds I usually wouldn't be into when he's playing. He has been around for a long time and basically created the dubstep genre around 2010 and is more well-known in North America. More recently he has been dabbling in a bass/future house sound and overall has incredible range with a versatile repertoire.
He kind of came back into the spotlight recently taking time off for self-care. I think he was initially playing small clubs in South East Asia with last minute announcements and then started to play bigger shows with Fred again and Four Tet (think MSG in NY). This culminated when the trio closed Coachella in April this year as an emergency back-up after Frank Ocean sank the ship on weekend 1. By all accounts it was one of the best performances ever at Coachella and was like a massive boiler room party. He is cemented as a major headliner and is closing any and every festival he is booked at, somewhere at the level of a Martin Garrix or SHM with massive production. At the same time he plays lots of underground/AP venues boiler room style and going b2b with lesser known artists.

I think a few people from Croydon might have a few things to say about that...
Hmm right, thanks for correcting me. I'm not into that type of music so not aware of the nuances but I guess I was thinking of how Skrillex popularized it in North America in early 2010s. Upon further research his contribution was the sub-genre known as brostep.

For today (14-Aug) Circo Loco is €84 online at the moment - I mean granted it is probably one of the best line-ups of the season - but not sure outside open/closing I have ever seen it that much.

Back