Christmas office party tales -

I once knew "someone" who went to an xmas office party in newcastle and woke up the next day in the back of a car in brighton having apparently agreed to let the gay couple at work show him the best clubs in the country.

Jeez, how did you get back?

I once knew "someone" who went to an xmas office party in newcastle and woke up the next day in the back of a car in brighton having apparently agreed to let the gay couple at work show him the best clubs in the country.

:lol:

Brilliant!

"someone" I know, after a work xmas do went home with random (female) that he met back to a house in a student area of town, after some drunken shenanigans and vaguely sexual fumbling both parties passed out. Said friend then woke up early in the morning not know where the hell he was and rather shocked (not in a good way) at the quality of his partner for the evening. After managing to get dressed and downstairs without waking anyone he was suddenly overcome with the urge to "make no 2" luckily he found a downstairs loo next to the front door, having emptied and then sacrificing a sock due to lack of loo roll he thought he was free to go, but to his horror the loo didnt flush so he had to leave sock and "yule log" proudly sitting there for all to see. now finally he could make good his escape. Not so, he then found the front door was locked, as was the back door with no key to be found, there was nothing else to do but smash out the glass panel next to the door and squeeze thorugh and leg it. having no taxi money and no chance of a bus at that time, he was faced with a 3 mile walk home, luckily it was a saturday morning.

was the nightmare over....not so, about a week later, there he was in his favourite city centre bar at the time waiting to be served and there she was behind the bar, she didnt smile, but then again she didnt scowl either (apparently) my friend just about muttered something resembling a greeting/apology and scuttled off with his drink. he didnt drink there again for a while!!!

Switzerland really does live up to it's reputation... Xmas office dos in my world have all been incredibly staid affairs. Shame really, this stuff would make dull grey January days soooooo much more entertaining !

I like my workmates but I think I could never put up with the trauma of seeing them drunk, so I usually tend to run away once the bar is open.
I know I'm boring, but nothing worst than boring, grey financial boys getting drunk

I like my workmates but I think I could never put up with the trauma of seeing them drunk, so I usually tend to run away once the bar is open.
I know I'm boring, but nothing worst than boring, grey financial boys getting drunk

Agree strongly.

Thankfully I like this job and see the people I work with as close friends...however I HATED work do-s with a passion in my previous two jobs. Despite them being a nice bunch it was always an exercise in showing willing and intense clock watching. I just didn't feel comfortable for some reason.

Thankfully I like this job and see the people I work with as close friends...however I HATED work do-s with a passion in my previous two jobs. Despite them being a nice bunch it was always an exercise in showing willing and intense clock watching. I just didn't feel comfortable for some reason.

You want to try working in construction/infrastructure Rob. When I was about 24 one riotous do at a hotel in Essex got closed early at 1am, when two substantial human turds that appeared to have come from different people were found in the corridor.

Last year the the council contractor I was doing some consultancy work for had a works do in a curry house that ended in a mass brawl, with a number of arrests and a prosection for affray.

You want to try working in construction/infrastructure Rob. When I was about 24 one riotous do at a hotel in Essex got closed early at 1am, when two substantial human turds that appeared to have come from different people were found in the corridor.

Last year the the council contractor I was doing some consultancy work for had a works do in a curry house that ended in a mass brawl, with a number of arrests and a prosection for affray.

Is that the english X-mas spirit? :eek: :lol:

Eh?

Just reread, now I'm very confused if they were both 26:?:

(No biggie Em, just too much time on my hands:lol:)

Typing quick at work! He was about 26 she is close to 40.

But like I said age wasnt the issue.......I really didnt tell this story properly!

I know what you mean..or the people that just want to talk about WORK!!! Get a life!!

At our xmas party last week, 2 of the consultants who have recently had children turned up blind drunk (which is fine) but the 1 still on maternity leave proceeded to get even more drunk, try to "show" her authority (she has none) and tell me and another girl how we have to be careful as they might all be getting rid of us next year due to too many emails being sent then had the cheek to say to the other girl behind my back how she needs to watch me as I didnt stick up for her in my performance review last week.

All this stuff she was saying isnt true by the way, it got back to my manager and she was horrified.....why go to a xmas party and try cause trouble????? Very sad bitter woman.

I know what you mean..or the people that just want to talk about WORK!!! Get a life!!

At our xmas party last week, 2 of the consultants who have recently had children turned up blind drunk (which is fine) but the 1 still on maternity leave proceeded to get even more drunk, try to "show" her authority (she has none) and tell me and another girl how we have to be careful as they might all be getting rid of us next year due to too many emails being sent then had the cheek to say to the other girl behind my back how she needs to watch me as I didnt stick up for her in my performance review last week.

All this stuff she was saying isnt true by the way, it got back to my manager and she was horrified.....why go to a xmas party and try cause trouble????? Very sad bitter woman.

:eek: :lol: blimey. good for you for rising above it tho I guess.

People like this are always their own worst enemy because no one ends up trusting them. She sounds very insecure and the drink has brought it all out.

Just as well you found out afterwards and didn't give her a piece of your mind at the party! :lol:

I don't celebrate xmas but I went to work party anyway. It was boring, but with an open bar:eek:. I was getting ****ed waiting for the good door prizes. I was talking to a girl telling her, I am only staying for the drinks and good door prizes then off to a real party. She turned out to be the bosses daughter:twisted::spank:. I waited for the shoe to drop for weeks. She told me one night I ran into her at a club that she was bored to tears also. She was cool didn't say a word to the boss. Now I drink and shut up at work parties.:p

People like this are always their own worst enemy because no one ends up trusting them. She sounds very insecure and the drink has brought it all out.

Just as well you found out afterwards and didn't give her a piece of your mind at the party! :lol:

It was very pathetic.....left me thinking bitter twisted old women who thinks she is missing out because she is on maternity leave....get a life :lol:

Back