chiliean miners!

I'm normally a sucker for heart warming stories, and dont get me wrong this is one hell of a story. But I'm not really getting all the emotion of this, I've watched a bit on the news and its all very nice. But it aint making me sob :confused:

Yeah, me too. it's good news but i'm surprised how emotional many people are finding it.

Maybe i need to have a drink and watch it again :lol:

:lol:

I've been following this story since the beginning, so unless you're saying it's been a slow 69-day news cycle... :lol:

it has

*but I do take your point about being trapped underground with your colleagues - the very thought sends a ice-cold shiver down my spine

.... being trapped underground with your colleagues - the very thought sends a ice-cold shiver down my spine

Don't even go there. I've just had to restrain myself from walking up to my boss, screaming "for f**ks SAKE" in his face and throwing a load of paperwork in the air to add to the drama.

Yeah, me too. it's good news but i'm surprised how emotional many people are finding it.

Maybe i need to have a drink and watch it again :lol:

Apparently Gazza turned up in Chile with some chicken, loaves of bread and dressing gowns and said they're canny lads and he remembers them from when they worked at Westoe Pits.....

.........................off to get coat..........:oops:

I'm not sure why I find this story so touching. But unless your heart is made of stone, it just is. The mental fortitude it must take to spend 69 days underground trapped in a room with 32 colleagues.

One of the positive aspects of religion. :)

It can fortify mental resolve, as a person can place all that weight and anxiety in the hands of another. Each one of the miners used religion as a positive force to keep them alive.

There is strong factual evidence that people who believe in a religion will survive traumatic experiences better than atheists or people with depression.

I think that's true for a lot of people, Bez.

Nevertheless, I think you can achieve the same results with an atheist or agnostic belief system, if you include in that a belief in the "better angels" of humanity and a generally positive outlook.

But as the saying goes, whatever gets you through the (69) day(s)

The Daily Star massive front page headline today:

CHILEAN MINERS CANNIBAL SECRET

Which turns out to be that that one of them, all of them or none of them, might have thought that they might have to eat other if they were down there for years

Last edited by a moderator:
CHILEAN MINERS CANNIBAL SECRET

lecter0103.jpg

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti"

Now that would make a good movie. Should have left them down there a bit longer !!

Just watching the news footage of those poor people being rescued..........

Great to see the smile back on their grubby little faces and faint glimmers of home in their otherwise impoverished and mundane lifes..........

I still hope Everton beat them on Sunday though

Just watching the news footage of those poor people being rescued..........

Great to see the smile back on their grubby little faces and faint glimmers of home in their otherwise impoverished and mundane lifes..........

I still hope Everton beat them on Sunday though

I've nicked that as my FB status! Thanking you!

Yeah...but at the end of the day its a bit of rock and a big metal drill....How's that so different from me putting a shelf up in the living room with a Black and Decker...only bigger.

Now.....How the hell my Sat-Nav can tell me where I am and where I need to go.....

if you need sat nav in ibiza, you have got problems!! ;)

Back