Cheltenham 2010

Yes will be keeping a close eye on Binocular. There are rumors that some of Nicky Hendersons horses are sick............we will have to wait and see if they are true.

becki,

i remember not long ago you chastising a bunch of us because of having a little flutter, saying it was unfair on horses, they die, etc, etc.

is going to watch the races not a little hypocritical?

;);)

becki,

i remember not long ago you chastising a bunch of us because of having a little flutter, saying it was unfair on horses, they die, etc, etc.

is going to watch the races not a little hypocritical?

;);)

You do love bringing up old posts don't you Greg, you're nearly as bad as Buckley! Having trawled back myself I think you'll find that it was 2006 where I made a comment about 11 horses dying in Cheltenham. I still hate to see horses in any pain or injuring themselves. Apparantly they have made the racecourse safer at Cheltenham since 2006 so hopefully there won't be any fatalaties this time. I guess you could say my opinions have lessened since 2006 hence I am going to the races for the first time! I'm sure there are thousands of other horse lovers who are also going. I'm going for a family birthday so not my choice of outing anyway, but I am looking forward to it.

You do love bringing up old posts don't you Greg, you're nearly as bad as Buckley! Having trawled back myself I think you'll find that it was 2006 where I made a comment about 11 horses dying in Cheltenham. I still hate to see horses in any pain or injuring themselves. Apparantly they have made the racecourse safer at Cheltenham since 2006 so hopefully there won't be any fatalaties this time. I guess you could say my opinions have lessened since 2006 hence I am going to the races for the first time! I'm sure there are thousands of other horse lovers who are also going. I'm going for a family birthday so not my choice of outing anyway, but I am looking forward to it.

wasn't expecting such a lengthy, matter-of-fact reply. "piss off grego" would have sufficed....it's been too long miss boo! ;)

Racking my nuts on Kalahari King. Thoughts ?!

For today

1.30 Dunguib
Captain Cee Bee
The Package (NAP)
Zaynar
4.00 Garde Champetre

:lol:

Kalahari King is well fancied. yard is in great form and do well with their cheltenham runners. will run a big race for you and nearly win. Back him each way and bar a fall you will collect.

DJchewie good picks expect them all to be close.

Dungib is the bet of the meeting in the first race........Lump On!

Captain Cee Bee will win if he jumps around, but thats doubtfull and hes poor value at 3's. Somersby is the one to be on here.

The Package and Bensalem are the two to watch out for in the 2.40

Irish Horse Go Native will love the ground and should run a big race. Dangers are medermit, Zaynar and Starluck at good odds.

Not a fan of the cross country race but I know L'ami is expected to go well after an operation on his wind.

Its a 2 horse race in the last. Volar La Vedette and Quevega. The latter was my origional fancy for this race but rumours say that she didnt work well lately. Volar La Vedette is a class animal and I slightly prefer her at better odds.

Best of luck everybody

Last edited by a moderator:
My tips for today are:
OGEE - 2.40 CHELT
BINOCULAR - 3.20 CHELT
L'AMI - 4.00 CHELT
SWAY - 4.40 CHELT

Got a feeling about binocular in the big race tomoz for AP and Nicky Henderson,watched an interview with the latter on At The Races today and he said,trip & ground are perfect for him and he's been schooling better the last few weeks!!

Here it is!!

:D

Round one not too good........

Hopefully Today will be better. Im off to the pub with the rest of the country:lol:

Have a Happy St Paddys Day everybody

2.05 Finnians Rainbow Each Way

2.40 Long Run win

3.20 Forpaddytheplasterer each way

5.15 Al Ferof each way. Shot from the hip is the best of the Irish and is well fancied also.

Supreme Novice Hurdle- Dungib is the Irish Banker and looks unbeatable on form so far. Will be short odds with both Menorah (12s) and Blackstairsmountain (14s) Each Way bets.

We did mention the winner Menorah!!!!

Dungib was a costly failure though

ders more to oirland dan dis!!!!

so to day 2!!

Syncrhonised
Reve De Sivola
Punchestowns
Deustchland
Day Of lifetime (bet from the heart as today is my parents wedding anniversary!!)

Back