Cheltenham 2010

I merely queried the relevance of horse racing to a balearic hedonist's forum. I don't doubt it matters to people elsewhere in the world, but am just curious as to its significance here. A not unreasonable question?

Not for the first time, nobody asked for your fatuous intervention, super bollock

A group of primary school infants, accompanied by two female teachers, went on a field trip to the Cheltenham Festival to see and learn about thouroughbred horses.
When it was time to take the children to the toilet, it was decided that the girls would go with one teacher and the boys with the other.
The teacher assigned to the boys was waiting outside the men's toilet when of the boys came out and told her that none of them could reach the urinal.
Having no choice, she went inside, helped the boys with their pants, and began hoisting the boys up, one by one, holding their willies:oops: to direct the flow away from their clothes.
As she lifted the last one, she couldn't help but notice that he was unusually well endowed. Trying not to show that she was staring, the teacher said, "You must be in year four?"

"No madam", he replied, "I'm riding Siver Arrow in the 2:15 but please carry on":lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I merely queried the relevance of horse racing to a balearic hedonist's forum. I don't doubt it matters to people elsewhere in the world, but am just curious as to its significance here. A not unreasonable question?

Not for the first time, nobody asked for your fatuous intervention, super bollock

I also query the relevence of your constant clichéd pretentious waffle but I stop at going into a thread I consider to be "insignificant" and commenting on it to be insignificant.

Anyhoo, anyone watch the Storyville on BBC Four just now on the Irish trainer ? Was mildly interesting...

My whole day tomorrow will be spent creating my Cheltenham shortlist. Well excited. Bez, not sure if you know but I am going without a ticket to Cheltenham, early doors mind but am I guaranteed to get in alright ?

What do football / books / films have to do with a balaeric hedonists forum either? "Clubbing Open chat" rarely sticks on subject does it?

I'm going to Cheltenham next Friday and I can't wait! I've never been to the races before and Cheltenham is supposed to be a great day out.

Oh and I love horses so more posts about them please :lol:

There are many Topics on here that have nothing to do with a "Balearic Hedonists forum".

Its clear that you dont have any relevant knowledge or opinion to input into the topic, so it may be better for you to be thought a fool on the subject, rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt:lol:

Dont worry about tickets there will be plenty available, especially from the Touts that will selling them on the way in at discounted prices. Whatever you do dont offer them the first price that they ask for......

I'm going to Cheltenham next Friday and I can't wait! I've never been to the races before and Cheltenham is supposed to be a great day out

Becki you are really jumping in at the deep end on Friday. Its Gold Cup Day and the place is jammed packed with people.

Make sure you bring comfortable shoes as there is limited seating and prepare to Q for everything including the Toilets.

As long as you come prepared for a big crowd you will be fine.......

Becki you are really jumping in at the deep end on Friday. Its Gold Cup Day and the place is jammed packed with people.

Make sure you bring comfortable shoes as there is limited seating and prepare to Q for everything including the Toilets.

As long as you come prepared for a big crowd you will be fine.......

Yikes! So you don't get a proper allocated seat? I'm in the Tattersalls...

I'm sure it can't be any worse than a festival for queueing... and I've done plenty of them :)

Yikes! So you don't get a proper allocated seat? I'm in the Tattersalls...

I'm sure it can't be any worse than a festival for queueing... and I've done plenty of them :)

No seats in Tatts except the ones upstairs which are all booked months ago.

Be prepared for a lot of walking and standing!!!

it is when you take in to account half the claptrap you post on here!!
Horseracing obviously a foreign language to you and you are no longer centre of attention so like the little boy at the party who is crap at musical chairs and is desperate to get back his arena you have no choice but to spoil it for everyone else!

it is when you take in to account half the claptrap you post on here!!
Horseracing obviously a foreign language to you and you are no longer centre of attention so like the little boy at the party who is crap at musical chairs and is desperate to get back his arena you have no choice but to spoil it for everyone else!

I see it as a useful holiday resource and a clubbers forum, with the occasional nod to society, politics or media. Clearly, others see it differently. Let's leave it that and dispense with the personalised slurs, ok. ;)

I see it as a useful holiday resource and a clubbers forum, with the occasional nod to society, politics or media. Clearly, others see it differently. Let's leave it that and dispense with the personalised slurs, ok. ;)

whatever you say ignatious!!

I promised I would put up some thoughts on Cheltenham for anybody that was interested.

Paddy Power have just announced that they will refund all bets that dont run so the market is not ante-post anymore. Expect other bookmakers to follow.

Ground conditions look like they will turn up good so speed horses will benifit. Grass conditions are poor due to frost but the track has been using fertilizer to encourage growth.

Below are some Horses on my Shortlist at present.

Supreme Novice Hurdle- Dungib is the Irish Banker and looks unbeatable on form so far. Will be short odds with both Menorah (12s) and Blackstairsmountain (14s) Each Way bets.

Somersby in the next race the Arkle Trophy, back him now each way at 6/1. Dont expect the favorite to jump around.

Champion Hurdle- Solwith(9/2) and Go Native (5/1) are strongly fancied Irish runners. Best of the English could be Medermit 11/1 today only with Paddy Power.

In the mares Hurdle Irish Horse Quevega is another banker. Take the 11/8 available now. She should win easy.

In the Champion Bumper on the 2nd day Al Ferof (11/1) back now, will be a great each way bet and is strongly fancied. Will be shorter on the day.

Irish Horse Tranquil Sea at 9/2 in the Ryanair Chase.

Carlo Brigante (6/1) in the Triumph Hurdle on Thursday

Kauto Star (4/5) will win the Gold Cup. Cooldine at 12/1 is an each way bet

BET;

DUNGIB (4/5)
QUEVEGA (11/8)
KAUTO STAR (4/5)

Above bet will pay 6.5/1 but take prices available this week as all will be shorter on Day.

Will update this thread nearer the date and will give a daily report each day.

really fancy tranquil sea and carlito brigante!

Got a feeling about binocular in the big race tomoz for AP and Nicky Henderson,watched an interview with the latter on At The Races today and he said,trip & ground are perfect for him and he's been schooling better the last few weeks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back