Cheapest car service hire?

Properly fleeced by Goldcar (mainland) yesterday (the booking email didn't mention Goldcar but it was the same operation). Conmen to be avoided.

Properly fleeced by Goldcar (mainland) yesterday (the booking email didn't mention Goldcar but it was the same operation). Conmen to be avoided.
Kindly elaborate?

I’ve previously heard bad things but my friends used them in July and were unusually happy.

250€ for 4.5 days in a tiny Fiat 500!!! From an airport but still... God i miss moto luis!
So other than cost, nothing else?

Why didn’t you use Moto Luis? It seems to me most places were expensive this year - we were lucky as we booked ours with Avis tail end of last year, it was just over £300 with the full insurance thing for 9 days - was under £200 without the insurance!

So other than cost, nothing else?

Why didn’t you use Moto Luis? It seems to me most places were expensive this year - we were lucky as we booked ours with Avis tail end of last year, it was just over £300 with the full insurance thing for 9 days - was under £200 without the insurance!

I'm not in IBZ sadly. I was commenting on the brand. I wish Moto Luis had an office here!

Anybody ever rent a Fiat 500 in ibiza? I am eyeing one to be minimalist and save some $$$. I see a lot of them on the roads when I am there. One of my cars at home is pretty small (Ford Fiesta), but this is a bit smaller. I am sure it would be fine for us to scoot around in, but my concern is to/from airport with luggage. How many rolling carry-ons can fit in the trunk/boot (without putting backseat down)?

Anyone here ever rent one?

Anybody ever rent a Fiat 500 in ibiza? I am eyeing one to be minimalist and save some $$$. I see a lot of them on the roads when I am there. One of my cars at home is pretty small (Ford Fiesta), but this is a bit smaller. I am sure it would be fine for us to scoot around in, but my concern is to/from airport with luggage. How many rolling carry-ons can fit in the trunk/boot (without putting backseat down)?

I got one from Goldcar in Oct 2019.
My missus nearly soiled herself when I walked her to it. They are small, and most couldn’t pull the skin from a Rice Pudding.

Last edited:

Have hired one elsewhere. You’d probably get 2 hand luggage trolleys in the boot, so if you’ve a third/fourth person, would have to go on knees. Probably 1 full sized suitcase in the boot and one in the back seat if only two people. A bit more space in a Punto, and often cheaper

Have hired one elsewhere. You’d probably get 2 hand luggage trolleys in the boot, so if you’ve a third/fourth person, would have to go on knees. Probably 1 full sized suitcase in the boot and one in the back seat if only two people. A bit more space in a Punto, and often cheaper

Would not recommend for more than 2 people

Thanks guys, I found a cheap one at Budget, for the 30 days I will (hopefully) be on island in 2021. It will be about 640 euro, compared to 1000 for everyone else.

Will be two adults and two kids. The ultimate compromise will be to rent a locker at the airport and come back (alone) for the luggage after I check everyone in at the hotel.

It will be warm/hot weather, so we can have three carry-ons if I wear nothing but zungas/speedo swimsuits for the entire trip... fine by me!

Thanks guys, I found a cheap one at Budget, for the 30 days I will (hopefully) be on island in 2021. It will be about 640 euro, compared to 1000 for everyone else.

Will be two adults and two kids. The ultimate compromise will be to rent a locker at the airport and come back (alone) for the luggage after I check everyone in at the hotel.

It will be warm/hot weather, so we can have three carry-ons if I wear nothing but zungas/speedo swimsuits for the entire trip... fine by me!
Are there lockers at the airport? I don’t remember seeing any?

I had a look last year as needed to leave some bags for an early flight whilst I went to Hï and couldn’t see anywhere, ended up using somewhere on the PDB strip

Last edited:
Are there lockers at the airport? I don’t remember seeing any?

I had a look last year as needed to leave some bags for an early flight whilst I went to Hï and couldn’t see anywhere, ended up using somewhere on the PDB strip
Google says there are lockers, but could be dated info.

Google says there are lockers, but could be dated info.

Nearest ones are not at the airport they're a drive away .... 3 trips then, you & luggage to lockers. Back for family to hotel and back to lockers for luggage. Maybe you should just send the family off in a taxi :lol:

Back