Cheapest car service hire?

They do take card at airport with card reader. I pay deposit online then rest on pickup. Also choice of insurance is given. Set amount per day or pay 400 euro deposit and if you bring car back in one piece you get a full refund. I do the later, but if anyone can tell me a better way to do this I’m all ears.

You can take out your own car hire insurance normally £30-40 for a few weeks you still pay the deposit but if anything does happen to the car like we had this year someone scuffed the side of the car in a car park. Hire company took €200 from our deposit but the insurance then paid us the money in full.

That’s good to know, I take it you can do this on a comparison site, or maybe you could recommend who you use.

I used Centauro in July. I wouldnt recommend it. Paid a deposit for fuel cost and after returning the car they didnt returned the whole money. Will try it next week with Hertz. I will hope that everthing will be fine then. Paid more for the car, but have less deposit and not the Fuel cost deposit theatre hopefully?

If anybody is going to Mallorca. Can only recommend Thrifty or interrent. Good Service and had no problems with deposits etc.

Anyone used Goldcar recently?

According to the web, they have been taken over by Europcar.

Reasonable deal found, which is half the amount of the local firms.

Just wondered if they had cleaned up their act?
yeah, they still me owed the aug 19 oil refund, i will tell them for 3rd time,tonight.
Anwser i had, is i used credit card and i have to wait 1 month (aug 12th=>sept 12th is deadline), total bullshit i answered, as i paid it with my dedit card (that make credit too, upon u pick the option at lcd) & they block 1100€ with my credit card

When they took 700€ for damage closing 18, they took it in 4 days but the oild refunding still take time with them, i just spot they charged me for 1l lacking closing 18,but they should refund me without this 1l , so beeing really scamed closing 18, not yet for now, crossed fingers except waiting for oil refunding 40€ when u pay full tank 70€ minimum...

I used Centauro in July. I wouldnt recommend it. Paid a deposit for fuel cost and after returning the car they didnt returned the whole money. Will try it next week with Hertz. I will hope that everthing will be fine then. Paid more for the car, but have less deposit and not the Fuel cost deposit theatre hopefully?
I've used Hertz numerous times a year and never had any issues; I do get their full insurance (yes, I know it's a con), which I've used once when I crashed the car leaving the airport car park; had zero hassles, just handed the keys back.

Gold car are the cheapest. But they will invariably rip you off.
I now always use Centro car hire, their yellow van stops in the car park to the left when you leave the building.

I’ve done Alamo this year via DYS
July
Focus or similar
6/7 days
Airport
Full to full
£190

Last edited:
Last year I had OK car rental from office just outside the airport via the shuttle, because we were two couples/1baby each I went for the cheapest 7 seater that would hold two cars seats.

Same script with most of the companies, they never have the car you pick online--that's why I usually get the cheapest in the right size range. Two of us went for the car, whilst others went on the coach transfer "you need a 7 seater?" yes "OK we don't have any her at the minute, you'll have to wait 20 mins" it was more like an hour but it was worth it for the blacked-out Mercedes V class 258euro ?

Personally I often found the cheap rentals from DYS fine, never been screwed (I clean the cars before returning because of the captains experiences) and they have not kicked off/pressure sold when I tell them I have the worldwide excess cover

Last edited:
I’ve done Alamo this year via DYS
July
Focus or similar
6/7 days
Airport
Full to full
£190

Yes Alamo / Enterprise I’ve also found to be excellent. Last summer I’m convinced they thought I was some sort of undercover mystery shopper, they were that good.

Where are BK now? seems to have disappeared after years of awful feedback. Used them and took their own extra excess when it was only a couple of €s a day, even so the car was gone over with a microscope on return (ok, slight exaggeration) Have used DYS a few times since then, mostly ok, the last time was with F1RST, €57 for a week in October. Apart from a few errors regarding dates of pickup etc, all looked fine. (good job I checked) On picking car up, gave it a good look over, (own excess for hire policy now) checked with the guys some dents and scratches etc, oh! there's no antenna, (broken off) that's ok, the radio will work. I booked full to full, it's empty....."that's ok, just bring it back empty, you can probably do a few KMs before you need to fill up".
Not really complaining, but since then have looked carefully at the suppliers DYS have been using and turned to the long established local companies previously mentioned. Still wondering who BK have morphed into?

Back