Champions League Draw

:lol::lol: Well done!

Liam - Joe Cole was getting back to his best before he got injured earlier this season. Big Phil gave him more freedom to play. Finding his best position has always been a problem (wing, 2nd striker, behind the strikers, in the center of midfield???) but he's a danger man and he's been missed... (especially against Liverpool ;))

That's the problem you have with Joe Cole, what is the ideal position? He doesn't score enough goals to be a striker. I agree he seemed to be coming back to some sort of form but he is not consistent enough. I don't know if you can find it but look up the West Ham FA Youth Cup winning side, I think they both Coventry 5 or 6 1 and watch some of the stuff Joe does in that game. I don't think he will ever reach the potential he showed as a kid.

An example: The gang of lifelong Blues whom I usually go drinking with after matches when I'm in town said they just couldn't afford to go this time around. They'd all been to our previous matches in Barcelona. They'd all been to Juve away, and now they're all saving up for Rome. Don't forget, there is a financial crisis at the moment. So, as they're pretty representative of our regular European travelers, I'm going to assume their reasons are pretty common.

40,000 at home every week Morbs, surely they can find 2000 to go Barca for Champ League semi final? Would you see Liverpool, Man U or even the @rse return 2k tickets? I could gurantee you that Ham/Tottenham/both glasgow clubs, man city(not Newcastle contrary to their own belief they are not the best fans in the premier league), Pompey probably too would have taken that mate.

Anyway this is nothing new over the bridge. They have failed many a time to sell their allocation against us and that is just a trip across London. London prices are silly though. Fulham charge £15 to Wigan fans then £55 to us Spam fans and no doubt Chelsea too!!!

The problem is Morbs is that Chelsea have lost a lot of the old brigade due to excessive prices and that seats are swallowed up by corporate entertainment, tourists, day trippers etc etc. A lot of Chelsea fans(and to be honest quite a lot of football fans in general) I know don't go anymore and do not identify with Chelsea(or their own club) since well nearly as far back as the Matthew Harding days. Shame but football is a business now and the normal supporter is a dying breed. Remember they were only getting 24k in champ league till they dropped the prices down as they wanted £50+ to watch Prague or some old Latvian side. Not just Chelsea that take liberties with fans, the Hammers have been doing it for years. Boro last season match kids for a quid, this season anything up to £60 sheets!! Granted it is last game of the season but funkin hell it's Boro!!!!

morbs, don't try and deny it. it was the first thing i said when the whistle blew, it was clear as anything.

Wouldn't be my first time seeing Barca in the final... bought my Paris airline tix during a big discount sale in February '06! :lol:

As a footnote what was the Man U Arsenal game like? 1-0 Sounds as if it was dull as yesterdays. Although it's now all to play for next week, could be interesting...

I had the misfortune to watch it on tv. had to count the number of arsenal players on the pitch at one point to make sure there were 11.

Wenger to jam his way past in the 2nd leg.

the question for me is.....WHO?? is most likely to beat the ****ing scum??

thats ALL I give a toss about!! **** me, if al quaeda were in the competition I would be supporting them!!!

the question for me is.....WHO?? is most likely to beat the ****ing scum??

thats ALL I give a toss about!! **** me, if al quaeda were in the competition I would be supporting them!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

in the last couple of weeks, i've been asking myself what did i do wrong. games we should have bagged, then lost (or drew 4-4), all these comebacks by united, dodgy pens, then barsa can't stick one over chelsea.

Back