Champions League Draw

WOOHOO!!!!! :D :D :D

We had so many great chances. If Drogba were in top form (i.e. not just coming back off injury), we'd have won 5-1.

To be honest, while watching, I felt it was pretty evenly matched and we were just a bit lucky. Liverpool's counterattacks always looked dangerous to me. But the stats give us more of an edge. Certainly a better performance than even I the optimist expected. COME ON BLUES :!:

Bring on the home leg! Terry suspended (better now than vs Barca) but Carvalho should be back so we'll be ok.

Wondering if I should book my air tix for Barca now or wait a week :twisted:

we played shocking, absolutely toothless, the early goal flattered us overall.

BUT chelsea were awesome, easily the best i've seen them play for a long time, since near the start of the season.

Iv had a lad at work taking the piss out of me y'day coz we let 2 in againts Porto! He's a scouser! Cant wait for him to get in today!

So happy Liverpool got beat!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm going for Liverpool to win either 2-1 or 3-1. I fancy Torres, Riera and Gerrard to do the damage :twisted:

Well i got the score right :rolleyes: :(

Essien was fantastic in stopping Gerrard, didnt let him breath. and like Greg says, thats the best ive seen Chelsea play since last year.

It was always going to be difficult to do the triple over them i suppose. :lol:

We did score 4 at Manu, so 3 is still possible at the bridge, esp without Terry 8)

Barça looked good, munich were poor though. If we cant overturn Chelsea, the i want Barça or Arsenal to win it:twisted:

It was always going to be difficult to do the triple over them i suppose. :lol:
Ha ha.. if we win, that'll be 2 apiece in Champs League knock-outs (and all even in the group stage) :p

I'll add my voice to the chorus of praise for Essien. He had an amazing match. They showed some stats at some point approaching halftime and he'd already run a half-km more than the team average (and Stevie G). He also was our top passer and completed something like 80% of his passes. Best of all, he kept Gerard out of the game.

And Ivanovic... who'd have thought?! Everyone gave credit for his goals to Liverpool's zonal system but that takes away from his great effort both times to really go after the ball. Love that hunger.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D :D :D

Spent the last 1/2 hour of that match standing... couldn't sit still at all. Thrilling but nerve wrecking nonetheless.

Bring on Barca! :twisted:

What a game of football. Unbelievable. :eek: Hve just had to read the match report again as i was still unsure of what went on exactly, amazing 8)

An amazing performance by our boys considering no Gerrard. And a fitting tribute to the 96 we remember today. :cry:

Very entertaining. Liverpool self destructed but hats off to Chelsea for not giving up. Brilliant game all round.

Sorry Morbs but come on Barca!

Very entertaining. Liverpool self destructed but hats off to Chelsea for not giving up. Brilliant game all round.
I think both teams self-destructed at times during this match! CFC certainly did.. Cech is, sadly, becoming a bit of a liability!

Yeah, very true.

Still I think you would still rather Cech than not have him. Who would replace him?

What decent goalkeepers are out there and available?

Yeah, very true.

Still I think you would still rather Cech than not have him. Who would replace him?

What decent goalkeepers are out there and available?

we'll sell you McGregor for a heft wedge!

Reina was awful too - never really rated him that much

good entertainment last night
but was it 2 good teams or 2 teams playing equally poorly

Barca should take care of Chelsea next round

and how did Lampard not get a POTY nomination???

on paper it should be Barca, but Hiddink is a wily bugger and will know how to exploit the perenially non-existant Barca defence. Secondly, you sense the momentum is with CFC. Barca have yet to be properly tested by ANYONE other than Atletico this season and I fear they are in a for a rude awakening. Being favourites could be a hindrance. Too close to call...

Every neutral in the world will surely be rooting for Barca though. Unicef / the beautiful game v John Terry and Abramovich's billions - a PR triumph for Barca before a ball's even kicked :D

Back