Group A: CHELSEA, AS Roma, Bordeaux, Cluj
Group B: Inter, Werder, Panathinaikos, Anorthosis
Group C: Barcelona, Sporting, FC Basel, Shakhtar
Group D: LIVERPOOL, PSV, Marseille, Atletico
Group E: MAN UTD, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg
Group F: Lyon, Bayern, Steaua, Fiorentina
Group G: ARSENAL, FC Porto, Fenerbahce, Dinamo Kiev
Group H: Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit, Bate

Not too bad for the Blues... or any of the British clubs, really.

Group A: CHELSEA, AS Roma, Bordeaux, Cluj
Group B: Inter, Werder, Panathinaikos, Anorthosis
Group C: Barcelona, Sporting, FC Basel, Shakhtar
Group D: LIVERPOOL, PSV, Marseille, Atletico
Group E: MAN UTD, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg
Group F: Lyon, Bayern, Steaua, Fiorentina
Group G: ARSENAL, FC Porto, Fenerbahce, Dinamo Kiev
Group H: Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit, Bate

Not too bad for the Blues... or any of the British clubs, really.

mmm...way we funkin playing it could go anyway!

Be nice to see Torres get a heroes reception in Madrid - i'd assume.

can't believe we've got marseille and psv again. can't complain i suppose.

right, when's this 'domestic' trip to madritttth

Excellent stuff :D im delighted with this draw, we get to play Man United again which is great,both sets of fans always get on very well, it'll be another great occasion:), personally i think United will top the group and we'll finish second.

Villarreal here we come:D, think ill give Denmark a miss this time, needless to say ill be in Manchester and Glasgow for when we play United,

Good draw for Aresenal & Chelsea, tougher for United & Celtic. If Liverpool maintain there current form they should finish bottom of Group D.

Good draw for Aresenal & Chelsea, tougher for United & Celtic. If Liverpool maintain there current form they should finish bottom of Group D.

I shouldn't imagine it's tougher for United and Celtic than it is for the others, Aalborg and Villarreal aren't exactly known as being teams to generally go beyond the group stages of the CL (assuming they even get there in he first place):)

Villarreal are a strong team and play good football. I think they will pip Celtic to second spot. United will win the Group.

Good draws for Man U and Chelsea, think Aresenal and Liverpool have the tougher groups, hope all the British teams go through!

Not too a bad draw for Liverpool, no long trips and some teams we know well although we really need to up our game, went last night and we were dire! Hopefully Torres gets a great reception and a goal!

i would not underestimate "the yellow submarine"

i have a feeling that a trip to el madrigal is not the forgone conclusion that some are expecting!!

This would absolutely make my year if my footballing hero was to return home...pleaseeee Henke come back, probably only media speculation though:confused:

Bhoys linked to Larsson return
by Ben Blackmore, 28 August 2008

larsson_sweden.jpg

Henrik Larsson could be set for a shock return to The Premier League or The SPL after Helsingborg revealed they are prepared to sell the veteran striker.
Helsingborg’s title hopes were shattered this week when they lost 3-0 to Gefle to fall away from Elfsborg and Kalmar at the top of the table.
Now the Swedish outfit need money and are prepared to offload Larsson, who has never ruled out one more return to Britain.
"If there is an enquiry or a bid, we will look at it. It does not matter that it is Henrik Larsson," commented Helsingborg's spokesperson Sten-Inge Fredin to HD.
Larsson, now 36, has scored eight goals in 20 league games for Helsinborg this season, as well creating five for his team-mates.
It is believed both Celtic, where Larsson bagged 173 league goals, and Aston Villa, who are managed by Larsson’s former boss Martin O’Neill, are both interested in his services.
"Whether the club wants to sell me is up to them," said Larsson to Helsingborgs Dagblad.
"Should that be the case, I will then make a decision. There are only two options for me, whether I accept or do not."

Think he's linked with three English clubs.

I would say id King Henrik was to go to an English club it would be @ Aston Villa to link up again with Martin O Neill,obviously im hoping he returns to his spiritual home @ Paradise;)

Be nice to see Torres get a heroes reception in Madrid - i'd assume.

Im sure he will, he always says nice things about his old club.
Atletico on their day can be very good. Aguero and Forlan make a great partnership. Plus their fans are brilliant, far better than their neighbours Real.

As for Barca, im very pleased.8) If we dont win this group it would be a disaster.

Real's group is interesting. Zentih and Juve might cause them problems.

I think if any group will offer up a surprise, it'll be group G. Porto, Fenerbahce and Dinamo are all tough to beat at home. Not going to be as easy for Arsenal as it might look at first glance.

Back