Champions League Draw

i would not underestimate "the yellow submarine"

i have a feeling that a trip to el madrigal is not the forgone conclusion that some are expecting!!

Without a doubt!

City done well to get through last night. Forgot they were on the box till got home. What happened to the away goals rule anyhow???

Without a doubt!

City done well to get through last night. Forgot they were on the box till got home. What happened to the away goals rule anyhow???

I think by the skin of our pants is the correct terminology however I dont think it was completely the "smash & grab" that some sections of the press are writing, we had the chances in extra time to finish it, however I appreciate how fortuous the equaliser was!!

away goals still stands, we got one they got one. Had we got another they would have had to score 2, as it was at 90 mins we were dead level hence extra time then pens.

I think if any group will offer up a surprise, it'll be group G. Porto, Fenerbahce and Dinamo are all tough to beat at home. Not going to be as easy for Arsenal as it might look at first glance.

Hear hear

i would say G & H are the "groups of death" here. For all the others you can pretty much guess the top 2, barring any shocks!

Group A: CHELSEA, AS Roma, Bordeaux, Cluj
Group B: Inter, Werder, Panathinaikos, Anorthosis
Group C: Barcelona, Sporting, FC Basel, Shakhtar
Group D: LIVERPOOL, PSV, Marseille, Atletico
Group E: MAN UTD, Villarreal, CELTIC, Aalborg
Group F: Lyon, Bayern, Steaua, Fiorentina
Group G: ARSENAL, FC Porto, Fenerbahce, Dinamo Kiev
Group H: Real Madrid, Juventus, Zenit, Bate

Not too bad for the Blues... or any of the British clubs, really.

Your group looks the easiest out of the four, but there is never an 'EASY' group in the CL !! :p

can't believe we've got marseille and psv again. can't complain i suppose.

right, when's this 'domestic' trip to madritttth

See ya there Gregoi ;) Should be a nice atmosphere for el niño !!

Excellent stuff :D im delighted with this draw, personally i think United will top the group and we'll finish second.

Villarreal here we come:D, think ill give Denmark a miss this time, needless to say ill be in Manchester and Glasgow for when we play United,

i would not underestimate "the yellow submarine"

i have a feeling that a trip to el madrigal is not the forgone conclusion that some are expecting!!

I'm with JJ on this, Villareal are a very well organised team and very hard to break down, saw arsenal, us and everton struggle against them. Not a forgone conclusion by any means. Might go up for this aswell, to see Celtic win (hopefuly) and Manure Lose (hopefuly :twisted:)

i would say G & H are the "groups of death" here. For all the others you can pretty much guess the top 2, barring any shocks!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just now read Andy Townsend's review of the draw from the Daily Mail. Has this classic line:

"Kiev were hopeless last season, but Moscow is a long, testing trip. Arsenal might have to settle for second place."

Apparently Dinamo Kiev now play in Moscow. Anyone warn the Ukrainians about that? :lol:

could be worse, he could have gone on to say that moscow in winter saw off hitler it may well see off arsenal!!

or something silly like that??

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just now read Andy Townsend's review of the draw from the Daily Mail. Has this classic line:

"Kiev were hopeless last season, but Moscow is a long, testing trip. Arsenal might have to settle for second place."

Apparently Dinamo Kiev now play in Moscow. Anyone warn the Ukrainians about that? :lol:

There's a misconception that most footballers are thick, Andy certainly aint no Geographer :lol:

There's a misconception that most footballers are thick, Andy certainly aint no Geographer :lol:
Granted.. if he'd said "Dinamo were hopeless last season, but Moscow is a long, testing trip", there might be more sympathy.... but he called them "Kiev"! :lol:

"Manchester City are an average team, but they're tough to beat at home in Dublin" :lol:

Granted.. if he'd said "Dinamo were hopeless last season, but Moscow is a long, testing trip", there might be more sympathy.... but he called them "Kiev"! :lol:

"Manchester City are an average team, but they're tough to beat at home in Dublin" :lol:

not quite the same Johnny as unlike Moscow & Kiev there is a stretch of water betwixt Manchester & Dublin , Cardiff might have been better, but 10 outta 10 for effort.........and less of the "average" already!!

not quite the same Johnny as unlike Moscow & Kiev there is a stretch of water betwixt Manchester & Dublin , Cardiff might have been better, but 10 outta 10 for effort.........and less of the "average" already!!
A tiny stretch of water, perhaps, but only about 1/4 the distance!

How do you fancy your boys chances in the Cup?

A tiny stretch of water, perhaps, but only about 1/4 the distance!

How do you fancy your boys chances in the Cup?

you wouldn't wanna walk it!! (unless you were a giant)

hmm, depends on draw. The only thing that I can take comfort from is that I know we can play much better than demonstrated last night and that we have bought 4 (maybe 5) quality players this summer, so who knows??

I just hope the prospect of watching "young boys" of Switzerland parade around eastlands in their shorts doesnt tempt gary glitter into buying a season ticket!!

Last edited by a moderator:
very good draw for Panathinaikos @ Group B...there are chances to qualify:p
I think you actually do have a chance.

Was right funny at the Olympiakos v Chelsea match in Athens in February. All the Chelsea section took to yelling "Panathinaikos" for long stretches of time :lol:

I think you actually do have a chance.

Was right funny at the Olympiakos v Chelsea match in Athens in February. All the Chelsea section took to yelling "Panathinaikos" for long stretches of time :lol:
haha,yeap happens all the time!:lol:
as for our chances i wasn't joking at all!!!:lol:
my team has almost always been a consistent performer in european cups and i expect the same this year!!!:D

Villareal are a very decent team, playing well in the spanish league at the moment.
Cazorla is a great little player

Back