Catalan

Is the language hard to master?? I'm gonna take catalan studies at uni next year or the year after. know a good few phrases already but only spoken word. always got 'hola pixu!' when i arrived in to work in the morning :D

bighandforjeremybeadle said:
Is the language hard to master?? I'm gonna take catalan studies at uni next year or the year after. know a good few phrases already but only spoken word. always got 'hola pixu!' when i arrived in to work in the morning :D

Catalan is very similar to french and spanish. I actually thing it's closer to french than to spanish :D
Do you have any knowledge on other roman language? :D

I'm catalan, by the way ;)

i could hold a conversation in french no problem. yeah, i recognise a little bit of everything in it... french, portuguese etc.
can say the days of the week in catalan... dilluns, dimartes, dimecres, dijous..... go me :D

i could hold a conversation in french no problem. yeah, i recognise a little bit of everything in it... french, portuguese etc.
can say the days of the week in catalan... dilluns, dimartes, dimecres, dijous..... go me :D

divendres, dissabte i diumenge :D

Where are you taking lessons?

You should pop into the spanish forum and say HOLA, most of us are catalans :D

i'm actually reading a book at the minute... homage to barcelona by colm toibin and it's really warmed my heart to the city. there's so much history and creativity about the place

i'm actually reading a book at the minute... homage to catalan by colm toibin and it's really warmed my heart to the city. there's so much history and creativity about the place

Homage to Catalan or Homage to Catalunya? The last one is by George ORwell

McRackin said:
silvia said:
I always find really hard to understand ibicenco but don't tell McRackin, please ;)
:evil: :x :evil:

Però jo sóc molt educada i vaig dient que si a tot amb un somriure, i utilitzo l'article salat per tot i llestos:
S'oscar, anem a sa platja a menjar sa paella? ;) :lol: :lol:

McRackin said:
així m'agrada!! ;)

jo faig el mateix quan vaig a catalunya.......... anem a la platja, si us plau!! :lol:

Perque vols anar a una platja bruta i lletja si estàs a un salt de migjorn? :rolleyes: :lol:

Just silly talks, me in ibicenco and mcrackin in catalan...

I think the most important thing we said was: lets go to the beach and have a paella :lol: :lol:

Im valenciano, a south catalan :)

its like the difference between englsih spoken in england and english spoken in USA

ibiza_lou said:
silvia said:
lets go to the beach and have a paella :lol: :lol:

Always useful! :D ;)
guess what we gonna have just NOW? :twisted:

DSC01102.JPG

adiooooos!! :lol:

Back