Camera's into Space & Amnesia

FrancoBaresi

Hi Guys,

I know that people manage to sneak their camera's into these two clubs at times, if security find your camera what happens, do they rufuse you entry or do they hold them until you leave the club?? reason I ask is that my camera is not the smallest about and i guess there's a good chance I'd get gripped trying to get it in! :eek:

i didnt try to get my camera into space but saw loads taking pics and the bouncers did nothing.

took it to amnesia and the 1st time i took a pic the bouncer came over and told me to put it away. however when i arrived about 2-2.30 i saw someone being marched out, camera in hand

... my camera is not the smallest ...

20kvm9l.jpg

i didnt try to get my camera into space but saw loads taking pics and the bouncers did nothing.

took it to amnesia and the 1st time i took a pic the bouncer came over and told me to put it away. however when i arrived about 2-2.30 i saw someone being marched out, camera in hand

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. If I hide my camera down my trousers and they find it (not sure how likely that would be) then they'd know I'd deliberately attempted to deceive them and could deny me entry. Or alternatively getting caught in the club and chucked out, although the latter seems really harsh! I guess the only option would be to take pictures from within a mass of people rather than getting photos of mates etc on the outskirts of the crowd.

Blimey! not worth the gamble then in that case I guess!? I'm doing the radio one cream @ privilege and it seems as though people get camera's in there with no hassle, so maybe I just get some pics there and then leave the camera at home.

ah I cant believe they don't let people in with cameras! What about those with camera phones - i take it they don't try and take those off you? Does anyone know why it is that they don't like you taking cameras in? I had better warn my girlfriends if this is the case....

Last year, the first time I went, I got Cameras into Privilege, Pacha and Eden with no problems.

Then the 2nd time I went, I got frisked on the way into Privilege and was asked to empty my pockets. Not knowing that there was a ban on cameras, I said cheerfully to the Spanish bouncer,

"Oh its just a camera"

At that point he grunted and pushed me away.

My mates had all gone in before me, so I was left thinking what the **** I could do. So I went to the back of the queue and put my camera in another pocket and joined the queue again and went to a different bouncer. I got in with no problems and was taking pictures next to all the security all night.

The only other time I experienced a problem was early on in Amnesia when the terrace was a bit quiet and I got told not to take any pictures. But I didn't get my camera took away from me and happily snapped away when it was busier.

If anyone is that worried, just put it in your boxers until you get in there! :eek:

I dont think space care that much nowadays.

There is an inhouse photographer in Amnesia and you can buy pictures from a kiosk for like 50euros:D He goes mad when you take pictures and proper shouts at you, the bouncers just tell you to put it away never seen anyone get chucked out for it ever unless you want to argue with them

So does anyone know what happens if you're caught blatantly trying to smuggle a camera in (in your shoe, trousers etc)? Are they likely to be harsher cause you've tried to deceive them?

Is there anyone out there that can answer that question? I'm thinking of buying tighty whitey briefs just to smuggle in camera all week. Thanks!

if u get cought entering with your camera,you will be told to deposit it in there lockers behind a desk for 3euro i think it is and u get a ticket with a number and then end of the night u take the ticket back and u get your camera back.pain in the ass but if u have a decent camera on ur mobile fone they dont take these off of you.

No problem at Space at the moment. They're much more focussed on drugs. I've seen many who took photos next to the security. I think they suffer from less visitors whereby they get more tolerant. ;)
But if they notice any indication of consuming drugs in public... they take drastic measures. I've seen that 4 or 5 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem at Space at the moment. They're much more focussed on drugs. I've seen many who took photos next to the security. I think they suffer from less visitors whereby they get more tolerant. ;)
But if they notice any indication of consuming drugs in public... they take drastic measures. I've seen that 4 or 5 times.

I was reminded the other day of a friend of mine who was caught gormlessly sorting out a pill to swallow in Space in front of a bouncer last year. This guy is very academic but not very street-wise if you can imagine the type.

As the bouncer led him off he was ****ting himself, but the guy just took him on a 10 minute walk around the club and told him that he understood that a lot of people are getting mashed, but you can't go doing it so indiscreetly, then he took that pill of him but left his other ones, told him to have a good night and let him go.

I wish all bouncers were that nice, although I can imagine them being harsher this year as they need the drinks revenue. What have you seen happen circo?

Hi Guys,

I know that people manage to sneak their camera's into these two clubs at times, if security find your camera what happens, do they rufuse you entry or do they hold them until you leave the club?? reason I ask is that my camera is not the smallest about and i guess there's a good chance I'd get gripped trying to get it in! :eek:

In Space, Pacha and Privilege no problems for camera's. You can take pictures without problems.
In Amnesia a bouncer took my camera and I had to follow him to the entrance where I had to give my camera. It costs 3 euro and you get it back when you leave.
The bouncers in Amnesia are not very friendly.

In Space, Pacha and Privilege no problems for camera's. You can take pictures without problems.

I personally think Privilege are the worst for searches, and they do have lockers outside the club for storing cameras.

It's just your luck, I dont really bother taking cameras into clubs anymore.

I personally think Privilege are the worst for searches, and they do have lockers outside the club for storing cameras.

It's just your luck, I dont really bother taking cameras into clubs anymore.

I went to The Face Of Ibiza, so it is a small night for Privilege and maybe that's why they let us do. I don't know for sure. But we had no problems getting in and take pictures. I talked to a barman overthere and he said you could take pictures whitout problems. Only Amnesia makes problems he said.

ca mera in space

i seen some1 saying there is no problem with cameras in space but i went there last year and they took my camera off me and charged me 3 euro for it and i tried taking pictures in the club with my phone and the bouncers told me to put it away and stop taking photos

also does any1 know if the police do searches and what they will do if cought with drugs? and whats the best method of carrying drugs into night clubs?

yeah they do searches and stop illegal taxis for roadside searches.

I can't answer your second question because you can't talk about this subject on here... it aint rocket science though! ;)

Back