Camera's into Space & Amnesia

Got into Privilege (twice), Amnesia (Twice), Es Paradis, Eden, and Space this July, each time accompanied by my trusty digital camera.

Only got frisked at Privilege the second time (didn't have que-jump tickets the second time) and Amnesia the second time (again didn't have que-jump tickets the second time) but must have been lucky, as the bouncer didn't find the camera, which wasn't down the kecks.

Best advice I can give from experience, is either get que-jump tickets... i.e. buy your tickets from spotlight before leaving for Ibiza, or, the two times I was frisked, the camera was in an obscure pocket in 3/4 style trousers, so this seems a good bet also.

Did notice a lot of girls bags being searched too, so girls, don't think thats safe, although someone did suggest putting your camera into a empty fag packet if its small enough, as they don't open the packet.

Once inside no-one batted an eyelid when I was snapping away.

Tony

Did notice a lot of girls bags being searched too, so girls, don't think thats safe, although someone did suggest putting your camera into a empty fag packet if its small enough, as they don't open the packet.

Yeah they open your cigarette packet - happened to me last year at Amnesia.

I don't understand the whole camera-policy thing, it seem to vary from year, club, event..
Maybe it's the DJ/concept setting the rules and not so much the club?
Last year at Pacha security went crazy at anyone taking pictures during F*** Me I'm Famous and were flashing green lights at anyone taking a photo to destroy the picture.
This year, at SHM - no one seemed to mind the cameras.
At Armada last year nobody seemed to care about cameras, but this year the inhouse photographer got pissed at anyone with a camera (but I think it was because the flash was ruining his pictures) I heard they were strict at Space, but this year the staff even took pictures for the guests with their cameras!

It's annoying that I never know whether cameras are allowed or not, because it's such a pain if they catch you, but even more annoying when everyone else is taking pictures and you left your camera at home!

I had no problems at Amnesia, Privilege, or Es Paradis when I went to Ibiza in June. I thought Space was going to be difficult to sneak one into (so I didn't take my camera), but I ended up not even being frisked and saw numerous cameras inside.

Privilege was the only club that did a marginally thorough frisk, but it's easy to beat if you put your camera in your pants.

Good luck, and take some good photos man!

Back