Cala Bassa- What have they done to it

See CBBC have taken over the beach bars and restaurants on Port Des Torrent beach - except one I think. Our friends who came with us and visited last year said prices had gone up and service was no better - pretty much standard practice I think! A pint was 6 euros up from 4.5 last year. :mad:

six years later and the beach club nonsense has spread like a virus all over the island...

I mean, maybe I should go and see for myself, but is there that much demand for them? Or is this following the same narrative as the 4 & 5* hotel situation?

See CBBC have taken over the beach bars and restaurants on Port Des Torrent beach - except one I think.
'coz this is their last year in cala bassa and then they move to port des torrent!

needless to say, cala bassa won't turn into the local's fave it used to be and probably will become even more exclusive...

I remember buying a snack at the little food shack at the end - would be amazed if that hasn't been bullied out of existence yet

I really wanted to like CB when we turned up in the bay on the boat 2 years ago but that horrible, deafening music, tacky decor and row upon row of bali beds just totally killed the buzz for me

I remember buying a snack at the little food shack at the end - would be amazed if that hasn't been bullied out of existence yet

I really wanted to like CB when we turned up in the bay on the boat 2 years ago but that horrible, deafening music, tacky decor and row upon row of bali beds just totally killed the buzz for me
Popped along there this year for a couple of hours. There was none of that ***kin awful music. Assumed they’d been hit by the tightening of the open air music regs.

Thinking of coming to CB beach towards end of September (please please don't shoot me - we will be sitting on our own towels and not paying for their sunbeds or bali-beds and generally pottering around the area not the 'beach club per se;)) and will need to get the #7 bus or a boat from SA. The date specifically will be 26th September and I'm struggling to make sense of the following blurb copied direct from Ibizabus.com (specifically the September bit)- please help :cry: If the below means the bus isn't running on that date does anybody know if the water taxi from SA port will still be running that date?

Summer (GAT-SUMMER (OF 5 MAY TO JUNE 30 - SEPTEMBER 09/10 30/09 10/09 FROM SEPTEMBER and October 30/09 AND TO OCTOBER))

cheers,
Claire

Thinking of coming to CB beach towards end of September (please please don't shoot me - we will be sitting on our own towels and not paying for their sunbeds or bali-beds and generally pottering around the area not the 'beach club per se;)) and will need to get the #7 bus or a boat from SA. The date specifically will be 26th September and I'm struggling to make sense of the following blurb copied direct from Ibizabus.com (specifically the September bit)- please help :cry: If the below means the bus isn't running on that date does anybody know if the water taxi from SA port will still be running that date?

Summer (GAT-SUMMER (OF 5 MAY TO JUNE 30 - SEPTEMBER 09/10 30/09 10/09 FROM SEPTEMBER and October 30/09 AND TO OCTOBER))

cheers,
Claire
You should be alright for the 26th, it's the part of the timetable that shows only 8 buses each way....

Popped along there this year for a couple of hours. There was none of that ***kin awful music. Assumed they’d been hit by the tightening of the open air music regs.
What are these regs please? Must admit, I don't mind a bit of music adjacent to those beach restaurants/shacks, all part of the vibe - but when you can hear the *thud thud* 500m away that's wrong IMO. Do those regs see to it?

am i right about the beach club at calla bassa closed for 2019? am sure i read somewhere that it's moving but can't seem to find the thread,hope I'm right and all the dick heads with to much money won't be there this year

Back