Buying Property in Ibiza

ultimately for politicians and voters to determine but my point still stands. You have to have controls because it's a small island with a delicate ecosystem with interdependent communities. If you price people out, it's a recipe for social chaos and eventual anger.

re: forum, yes an awkward topic, esp the env aspect of mass tourism, but I don't preach at anyone. I just try to support local wherever I can.
I actually agree that it's a problem. I actually live with same issues in a different location.

Only saying there are always unintended consequences to changes that need to be considered.

Saludos

personally I think the super rich should be burnt at the stake and their lamborghinis sold for scrap. As for the properties themselves turn them into adventure playgrounds, subsidised hostels, or community centres. Give Ibiza back to the people.
But they just won't do that and they never will.

Never thought the few thousand quid I paid to rent a villa overlooking Es Vedra for 18 hours, in the early 2000s would like like comparatively good value!

Ridiculous. Pity the poor folks born on the island priced out by this madness

I think I paid 1000 euros a month for a place over looking Calo Des Moro in 2006, 1 bed but massive balcony and I didn't really shop around. What chance would a young local have for that now :(
I was sharing a 3 bed place with 4 other people in 07 & 08 and was paying about €350 a month. That was at the back of San An (Dinamarca)

I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to do that then.

While seaching to see if I had anything in my emails to recall what rent I paid in 2006, I came across the booking for a 2005 Ibiza holiday. 7 days, flights for 2 from London and back, accomodation with a seaview above Savannah and a hire car for the week, £450. o_O

Reactions: PP
While seaching to see if I had anything in my emails to recall what rent I paid in 2006, I came across the booking for a 2005 Ibiza holiday. 7 days, flights for 2 from London and back, accomodation with a seaview above Savannah and a hire car for the week, £450. o_O
I was watching a bit of ibiza uncovered last night, always on the lookout for places I would now recognise. Anyway the presenter asks one guy why he came to Ibiza - he replies because it cost me £168 😂

Back