Buying Property in Ibiza

PP

Dreaming onf maybe oneday relocating to Ibiza. Can anybody recommend some good websites for buying property in ibiza.

Thanks

Some places in San An that seem reasonable.

I suppose the next problem is finding a well paying job equivalent or at least near to my UK salary

Some places in San An that seem reasonable.

I suppose the next problem is finding a well paying job equivalent or at least near to my UK salary
Assume paperwork and residency shiz a lot tricker post Brexit? Haven’t heard anything more on the digital nomad visa recently

Assume paperwork and residency shiz a lot tricker post Brexit? Haven’t heard anything more on the digital nomad visa recently
We have friends who moved to Valencia just before brexit and they had a huge headache getting residency.

I’ve not a clue what’s involved tbh

Not quite Ibiza...but me and the other half have just bought a house in Denia (love the place).
In Ibiza for about the 25th time in Sept but will be getting the 2 hr ferry from there to Denia for the first time ever - feels weirdly exciting,,,
Nice

As spaniard who live in my own apartment in the capital, I reckon that cost of properties in Spain has skyrocketed in a way that not everyone is able to buy affordable properties in some of the most desired cities like Ibiza, Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante even at Murcia, the place where I was born. As many of yours, I'd also like to buy some fancy property in the white-island but first, I should start playing the Euromillon!

Just read that Balearic government is making moves with the EU to ban/limit foreigners buying property due to increasing worries that locals can't afford property.

Not sure it will be that straightforward though as the EU tend not to like local restrictions, the whole idea is anyone in the EU can easily live anywhere in the EU.

It's a double edge sword. You limit purchases to slow the real estate market too much and construction activity and retail (white goods) will stall out, meaning fewer jobs. It's a tough balance. I live on an island (St Thomas) about the size of Formentera, and it's tough. It's actually more expensive than Ibiza here. Food is about 1.5x to 2x. There is no house or condo to be found for under about $300k USD, and 1br rents START at $1500 monthly. Most new purchases are by mainlander US that want a 2nd home to VRBO when not in use.

Things are ridiculous here but we are starting to see a bit of a post pandemic housing correction, though. I still plan to move in 2023. I have reached my limit.

I am actually actively sorting options to see if we can live cheaper in Ibiza (or Mallorca) than we do now. We will really be paying attention to see what happens with this new (potential) law.

It's a double edge sword. You limit purchases to slow the real estate market too much and construction activity and retail (white goods) will stall out, meaning fewer jobs. It's a tough balance. I live on an island (St Thomas) about the size of Formentera, and it's tough. It's actually more expensive than Ibiza here. Food is about 1.5x to 2x. There is no house or condo to be found for under about $300k USD, and 1br rents START at $1500 monthly. Most new purchases are by mainlander US that want a 2nd home to VRBO when not in use.

Things are ridiculous here but we are starting to see a bit of a post pandemic housing correction, though. I still plan to move in 2023. I have reached my limit.

I am actually actively sorting options to see if we can live cheaper in Ibiza (or Mallorca) than we do now. We will really be paying attention to see what happens with this new (potential) law.
The thing is if you stop foreigners from buying luxury properties on the island you just end up with empty luxury properties that no-one is paying any property taxes on. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face!

The thing is if you stop foreigners from buying luxury properties on the island you just end up with empty luxury properties that no-one is paying any property taxes on. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face!

personally I think the super rich should be burnt at the stake and their lamborghinis sold for scrap. As for the properties themselves turn them into adventure playgrounds, subsidised hostels, or community centres. Give Ibiza back to the people.

personally I think the super rich should be burnt at the stake and their lamborghinis sold for scrap. As for the properties themselves turn them into adventure playgrounds, subsidised hostels, or community centres. Give Ibiza back to the people.
Careful, everyone probably has a different definition of "super rich".

Considering that this is an Ibiza holiday forum, we are all likely in the global 1%.

Careful, everyone probably has a different definition of "super rich".

Considering that this is an Ibiza holiday forum, we are all likely in the global 1%.

ultimately for politicians and voters to determine but my point still stands. You have to have controls because it's a small island with a delicate ecosystem with interdependent communities. If you price people out, it's a recipe for social chaos and eventual anger.

re: forum, yes an awkward topic, esp the env aspect of mass tourism, but I don't preach at anyone. I just try to support local wherever I can.

Back