Busiest & emptiest club nights you've been to in recent years?

Busiest was probably Space closing in 2010, at the point when the outside space was winding down and the entire crowd tried to pile in. Luckily I wasn't too hammered and knew the layout pretty well by this point and managed to dodge the worst of it, hiding in El Salon for a while. The crowds didn't make it that far.
Quietest gig was Orde Meikle and Stuart Macmillan, otherwise known as Slam, Beat Bar in Liverpool in 1994. I believe they later named it as their worst booking ever in a Mixmag interview. We had a blast though, in a club which had an original 'disco' glass dance floor (Travolta style) and basically had the whole club to ourselves!

Resistance closing 2019 at Privilege sticks out in my mind as one of the overly sold annoying nights, not the busiest night I've ever been but it definitely was one of the most recent ones was stupid / dangerous imo.

Quietest night that sticks out in mind was 2018 for Jennifer Cardini at the inivisible wind factory in Liverpool.. shame because it is a great venue and she is a fantastic DJ also but just one of those nights that just flopped. You get them, thank god it wasn't in the main room it was just in the underground room 2 which is still an ok size but was just flat as a witches tit

Last edited:
Solomun closing 2019 at Pacha was ridiculous.
We left the club around 4 or 5am without putting a foot on the dancefloor, if I had to pay I would have been very disappointed.
The only place you could move was the garden.

- carl cox @ space was very busy for the 15 years
- cocoon from 03,04 until 2011 ( 2012 carola , hawtin , Jamie Jones started their own night , dice in 2013 also)
- circoloco for more than 10 years ( haven’t been the last few years except opening and closing so can’t say during the season )
-Manumission beginning of 2000’s
- the enter vs cadenza night @space was totally rammed
- music on
They are so many ...
for the one that are empty (they are so many also ) they usually last one season ...

Best memory are indeed in space and amnesia even very busy ! They have had the best party in the last 20 years at least ( for my kind of taste ((underground music ))
Dc10 as well till end of 2007
would have loved to experience Ku but was too young for that ...

- carl cox @ space was very busy for the 15 years
- cocoon from 03,04 until 2011 ( 2012 carola , hawtin , Jamie Jones started their own night , dice in 2013 also)
- circoloco for more than 10 years ( haven’t been the last few years except opening and closing so can’t say during the season )
-Manumission beginning of 2000’s
- the enter vs cadenza night @space was totally rammed
- music on
They are so many ...
for the one that are empty (they are so many also ) they usually last one season ...

Best memory are indeed in space and amnesia even very busy ! They have had the best party in the last 20 years at least ( for my kind of taste ((underground music ))
Dc10 as well till end of 2007
would have loved to experience Ku but was too young for that ...
Also when they closed the old Ushuaia on the beach same day as space closing in 2009 or 2010 ! They were around 8,9000 people on the beach 😛

There's a common theme arising here - the busiest I've ever seen a club in Ibiza was elrow closing back in 2017. The terrace was literally impossible to enter. I've seen it busy for some Music On nights in years gone by but this truly was another level. Fortunately for us we were more bothered about the main room and Eats Everything ANL - although still hugely busy in there too it was bearable when you found your spot.

Not for any particular party but DC10 has been horrifically packed quite a few times for Circoloco - I'm really not one for being hugely bothered by it being packed unlike a few of my pals but even for me it was getting a bit daft at times! Standing on the far side of the main room it would literally take you 15 minutes to get out to be able to reach the toilets!

Quietest.... I've not really been to any club and it been totally dead but I think that's more down to the time of year I come over (openings, closings or peak season) and the parties I attend (Solomun, Cocoon, Circoloco etc). There have been a few quieter Cocoon's in its final few years at Amnesia but definitely nothing I would class as anywhere near dead! The quietest I've seen a club is probably Planet Clare for Apollonia in September 2019 but even that wasn't totally dead!

Choose your parties wisely and you shouldn't really be coming across a dead club! :cool:

Carl Cox's last night at Space, not the Space closing but his own night. I started close to the front in the main room but the swell of the massive crowd pushed me to the side, and I couldn't get back in for the rest of the night, so went to the covered terrace for Fanciulli ad Dj Sneak. Not my ideal outcome as it was pretty boring music in there.

Carl Cox's last night at Space, not the Space closing but his own night. I started close to the front in the main room but the swell of the massive crowd pushed me to the side, and I couldn't get back in for the rest of the night, so went to the covered terrace for Fanciulli ad Dj Sneak. Not my ideal outcome as it was pretty boring music in there.
was also there for his final Tuesday Revolution party, yeah it was chocka to say the least.. lucky we wangled a good spot for Coxys set as wasn't too arsed about seeing Sneak and Tini we just stayed put ..not like you can easily hit the bar up to even brake the seal 😆 so at least toilet breaks are not an issue on nights like that

To be honest...and I say this even as a big fan of the brand.
Elrow in Amnesia in July/August is only doable if you either bought the VIP balcony tickets or are able to get on the other balcony.
Or you have to stay out of the terrace but then you'll miss out on the theme and just have the regular Elrow City theme.

To be honest...and I say this even as a big fan of the brand.
Elrow in Amnesia in July/August is only doable if you either bought the VIP balcony tickets or are able to get on the other balcony.
Or you have to stay out of the terrace but then you'll miss out on the theme and just have the regular Elrow City theme.
July or August on that balcony in trousers though, F that noise

I have never worn shorts to a club, only to beach clubs or Benimussa I think. 🤷‍♂️ ;)
I couldn't be the more polar opposite - I don't think I've ever worn anything but shorts out in Ibiza to a club at any time in the season!

It's part of the charm of clubbing in Ibiza - not having to worry about dress codes etc and wearing whatever I fancy and whatever is comfortable for the loooong night ahead!

I couldn't be the more polar opposite - I don't think I've ever worn anything but shorts out in Ibiza to a club at any time in the season!

It's part of the charm of clubbing in Ibiza - not having to worry about dress codes etc and wearing whatever I fancy and whatever is comfortable for the loooong night ahead!
This is it for me too. Always wear a shirt to clubs now too so we can undo our buttons and get away with the fact we are still wearing a shirt, so much cooler 😍

Emptiest: Friday 16/06/2016 random night @ Underground
I went with six amigos. There were never more than twenty people in-/outside the place at the same time, us including.
Might had something to do with Sónar Barcelona.
Plan was to start at Underground early and head on to Music On later that night, but we never made it to Amnesia.
Don Juanito all night long, truly invigorating music and atmosphere, out of this world.
Definitely one of the best nights I had on the island.

Busiest: Friday 26/09/2014 Music On Closing @ Amnesia
It was ok.
20140927_032135.jpg

Back