Bumping into DJ's

Just remembered that I was at Ibiza airport on 1st September and Sasha must have been on the same plane because he was waiting to pick up his bags before heading off to Space. I could tell he was getting a little impatient and was walking up and down the baggage hall. And when we were waiting for the plane back that Ben Watts guy who used to be in Everything But The Girl was in the same place.

Beginners Luck

I visited Ibiza for the first time this summer, my mates were already there working and I was supposed to be looking for a job but kept thinking "I'll do it tomorrow" until I had 2 Euros left - Oops! I'm off back out to Ibiza in a couple of days but I doubt i'll have the same good fortune as last time....

On the plane (an Easyjet flight!) I was sitting infront of Darren Emerson and a few rows behind Jules... there was also a DJ next to me who I recognised but couldn't put a name to! On my second night in Ibiza we went to the Underwater opening party and when Fat Boy Slim had finished I went to chill out on the terrace and him and his mate came and sat at the same table! I was quite wrecked but managed to stay with it for a bit of a chat with the Fat Boy himself! My mates who work at Kanya met Morillo on the same day...

Last time i was over there in 2001 I got to release yourself early and intercepted roger sanchez on the way to the dj booth and got my photo taken with him.

Also got a really nice photo of me and a mate with jo mills, must say the bouncers can take better photos than most my mates can ;]

Bling10 said:
I bumped into the judge in mambos last aug.....wot a geek that guy really is!!

went to Gatecrasher Red & black night just gone and he looked really old!!! getting on a bit now i think.

3 years ago we went to Space in the morning and we met some Dutch people, one of them was Tiesto. We're from Belgium and 3 years ago no one had ever heard of him, so we asked him to prove us being a dj by showing his records. Later during the morning we made fun of him by asking "DJ Fiesta, where are your records??". He and his girlfriend had quite a good laugh, and when we came home we found out he was really big!

They are human after all and I think they prefer to be treated as normal human beings and not as a god.

PS We should have known he was a famous dj by the looks of his gorgeous girlfriend...

last year

in elvissa airport, queue for hire cars, Danny Rampling and Eric Morillo in front of us, Xpress 2 management behind us.

erick morillo at Release Yourself, he seemed to be havin a good time and then he took time out to pose for photos with people. Top guy.

Got a five minute video of Ibiza airport last year coming home with Jules sitting on the next table to us choking on a sandwich.... he turns purple and doesn't die!

Who says every story has a happy ending!

I was at Godskitchen @ Eden last year and was quite pissed. My mates had buggered off and i was wandering round and bumped into Eddie Halliwell. Was chatting to him for about half an hour and he even bought me a beer! lol.

S4racen said:
Got a five minute video of Ibiza airport last year coming home with Jules sitting on the next table to us choking on a sandwich.... he turns purple and doesn't die!

Hehehe, nice one! ;)

S4racen said:

haha, I nearly fell off my chair when I read that :lol:

pie said:
as I walked into the toilets I literally bumped into a guy in shades.

It were only the Judge!!

here is a picture of judge jules leaving the toilet!!
aetsch013.gif

1023312993_jules_toilet.jpg

can i just add that saying you've seen DJs at mambo is like sayin you went to cream at amnesia and saw tiesto behind the dex!

We seen some fella who had the same flights as us, he had the Proper DJ look and a box of records and all that but we didnt have a clue who he was!

Ive met PvD at Amsterdam Schipol airport.

He was getting stuff out of the lockers they have in their and appeared to be carrying an extremely heavy record box which he appeared to be struggling with.

My gf told me to go and help him. I didnt bother.

Also stood in the DJ box with Sonique and Sasha at Cream a few years ago.
Wasnt impressed with Soniques 'DJ' technique'

I've ran into a lot of DJs in Ibiza last year. Ran into Sister Bliss at Mambo during dinner, and Julesy, '00' Fleming, Dave Pearce and Armin at Coastline, all in the restaurant. Got to have dinner with Armin though, which was sweeeeeeeeet!!

Back