Brexit rules for Brits travelling to the EU/EEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after putting most of Europe’s nose out of joint over the centuries, English people never expect any love from the continent. We see this every year at the Eurovision. We’ll never see another Katrina & The Waves again ?

Plus it’s nothing new mate, the English have been trashing Spain since the 16th century. It’s always been a favourite jolly boys outing for us, a bit of a tradition if you will. :D

The Cadiz expedition of 1625 was a notable one. Amongst many other great errors of leadership, this one always sticks in my mind:

“When Cecil landed his forces, they realised that they had no food or drink with them. Cecil then made the foolish decision to allow the men to drink from the wine vats found in the local houses. A wave of drunkenness ensued, with few or none of Cecil's force remaining sober. Realizing what he had done, Cecil took the only course left open to him and ordered that the men return to their ships and retreat.When the Spanish army arrived, they found over 1,000 English soldiers still drunk; although every man was armed, not a single shot was fired as the Spanish put them all to the sword.“

Sound familiar?

We used to enjoy having a good ding dong with the French too, but I think our relationship reached a bit of a middle aged stalemate and we went our separate ways like some sort of sad divorce. The French looking to Northern Africa for their jollies and the British chasing up the great game in the Middle East.

Of course we came to Germany too, more recently, but it’s just not as much fun. Maybe it’s the weather? Or the locals? Or all the rules?

Of course, full reparations have been made to Spain over the years by extensively supporting their tourism industry :D??

What have we told you about stuff like this @AntonioGeordio ?

Has that been rescheduled? I stayed up late in Ibiza last May watching that with the kids while my wife was at Defected!

I think it has been, yes.

As far as I know it will be in Holland, as they were the winners last year?

I admire your appreciation of a fine competition mate, do they have anything similar in the US?

Half a dozen of his most recent posts are making 'digs' at english/UK tourists, seems only interested in baiting UK posters
Definitely has those pink shorts in a bunch, plot twist.. deep seeded hatred really stems from been turned away from Fabric one time

Aparantly its not just Sven Marquardt that gives out the Neins

deep seeded hatred

I don't hate anyone or anything. Ever heard of 'banter'? I think you lot claim to have invented it... maybe not so funny when it's at your expense? Brits are strangely touchy these days. I guess being the laughing stock of Europe over Brexit and corona is getting to you.

been turned away from Fabric one time

Can't stand electronic music. Got my Masters at a uni close to Ministry of Sound and Corsica Studies though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back