brassed off

stephen

Staff member
is it any wonder that i'm brassed off living here?

i've just toiled 200 m in the stinking heat to buy some stamps from the post office.
they didn't have any.

That is such an old man thing to say ;)

you will probably miss spain if you moved to england - which by the way is in Summer month of July and its raining. :cry:

our san jose post office is hidden far far away from the nasty tourist masses. it's just pure inefficiency.

one of my retail gripes when I lived in Spain (apart from opening hours) was the fact you cdn't buy pharmaceuticals and newspapers in supermarkets and things like stamps in anywhere other than the TABACS kiosks - I loathe tesco but at least you can get much pretty anything in there and when you want it.

what opening hours. if you have a job you can't shop.
It's all a matter of degrees, Stephen.

I remember having an ear ache once in London and it took around 45 minutes mins to locate and then get to the nearest night pharmacy :!: It was a mile and a half away!

Here, I have 2 within a block of my apartment (not to mention the four 24-hour supermarkets within a 10 minute walk, and the 24 hour book/music shop 2 blocks away... oh, and the flower kiosk... and the beer/cigarette kiosk... you get my point :lol:)

tricky one...

in my family's case, they hired an illegal Bolivian housekeeper on the sly to do all this stuff for them - dead cheap, although no references = high-risk...

coincidentally, whilst not picking up stamps i did collect our delivery of marks and spencers towels from the post office. with the pound the way it is, internet shopping is the way to go. my new camper shoes cost me 30 euro less buying them from schuh in britain than charol in ibiza - and they're made about 100 kms from here.

coincidentally, whilst not picking up stamps i did collect our delivery of marks and spencers towels from the post office. with the pound the way it is, internet shopping is the way to go. my new camper shoes cost me 30 euro less buying them from schuh in britain than charol in ibiza - and they're made about 100 kms from here.
I saw your post on that. Are they really that much more expensive in Ibiza than in London?

I'm a Campers devotee and the last pair I bought at their store in London cost about 100 pounds!
(by the way, I know they are designed in Mallorca but are they actually made there? I thought I heard once they're actually manufactured elsewhere...)

ithink they're made there. i visited their factory shop in inca a couple of years ago

I saw your post on that. Are they really that much more expensive in Ibiza than in London?

I'm a Campers devotee and the last pair I bought at their store in London cost about 100 pounds!
(by the way, I know they are designed in Mallorca but are they actually made there? I thought I heard once they're actually manufactured elsewhere...)

they are possibly made in China and put into the box/labelled up in mallorca

Lots of designers make clothes in China and "finish" them in Italy for the "made in Italy" tag....

also there are lots of Camper shops in china..... and always loads at the fake markets which is a pretty ominous sign

But arent they a bit ugly looking :eek::eek: kind of "sensible" shoes ;)

i'm a sensible guy!

now, i've spent all day waiting in for dishwasher repair man. i reported that the on button wouldn't stay in. today he's been to tell me that my on button is faulty, it won't stay in, and needs replacing and that he hasn't brought a new one with him. if i'm lucky and there's one in stock, he'll be back 'tomorrow' if not, then 'maybe' next week.

Back