brassed off

Definitly they are :lol:
They used to be really cool, edgy and trendy, but when you keep doing the same trendy thing for years and years it's not anymore cool, it's just a repetition.
Opinions opinions! :lol:

I get the same pair every year. They're definitely not ugly, but they are, admittedly, one of the more conservative designs (black leather). I like the fact that I can keep getting new ones. I'm on my 4th pair of this model (had 2 different ones before that).

That said, I looked at the catalog for this year and my favorites are no longer featured... they have quite a few new models, but none that excite me.

is it any wonder that i'm brassed off living here?

i've just toiled 200 m in the stinking heat to buy some stamps from the post office.
they didn't have any.

Well if this makes you feel any better: today I went to the local supermarket in a mini hurricane (about 100m) to get some rum as I had the sudden urge for a mojito. THEY DID NOT HAVE IT! I then decided to go back, jump in the car and drive to the next nearest off licence (I am on hols btw if anyone wonders about this mid-week boozing) and I did manage to score a bottle :lol:. But I had to beg and plead on my knees for a plastic bag. The dutch shops are very fond of their plastic bags and will not hand them out just to anybody.

my new camper shoes cost me 30 euro less buying them from schuh in britain than charol in ibiza - and they're made about 100 kms from here.

Actually, I'm slightly brassed off as well.

Firstly, I really like my whisky. But not in an alcoholic way, I'm more into savouring it, a bit like an old man!

Anyway, a couple of months ago I visited the Talisker distillery (a famous single malt) in Skye, and bought a bottle for £34. (note: bought IN the distillery, where it's actually made).

Lat week I could have bought the exact same bottle in Bordeaux (note: approx 1000miles from where it's made) for £25.

What's that all about?

Annoyingly, I know exactly what it's all about, but I don't want to think about it, as it would just p:!:ss me off :evil::evil:

Steven

Actually, I'm slightly brassed off as well.

Firstly, I really like my whisky. But not in an alcoholic way, I'm more into savouring it, a bit like an old man!

Anyway, a couple of months ago I visited the Talisker distillery (a famous single malt) in Skye, and bought a bottle for £34. (note: bought IN the distillery, where it's actually made).

Lat week I could have bought the exact same bottle in Bordeaux (note: approx 1000miles from where it's made) for £25.

What's that all about?

Annoyingly, I know exactly what it's all about, but I don't want to think about it, as it would just p:!:ss me off :evil::evil:

Steven
The idea behind visiting a distilliery is that what you buy there should not be readily available elsewhere- like the 25 yo bottle of Jura I own or the 40 yo bottle of Black Bush me dad owns.
If you buy a bottle of standard single malt from the distilliery you will pay more than in the supermarket let alone in foreign parts. Silly boy!

I'm lucky. I got everything I need so close I could fart and the guy whose got what I need would be able to smell it.

Though, some of our systems are spastic.

Back