BPM festival expanding (brazil & portugal)

Slightly off topic, has there been any incidents with the governments/cartels/authoritys whilst Spring Break has been on in Cancun? Same coast, potential $$$ to be made through the drugs etc

Spring break typically start in March but I'm not quite sure how this will effect it if at all, but I really wouldn't compare spring break and BPM. Spring break is multiple weeks from March into April and BPM is a 10 day festival privately run by individuals while spring break is kind of just well "a theme". Its definitely a valid point and i dont want to misinform as i dont have any inside knowledge, but i think that it would be difficult for the BPM founders to even safely return and operate in Playa Del Carmen. It seems there is a lot of uncertainty there for the time being and one of the flagship clubs in the town just closed after 13 years (La Santanera) which seems may happen to some others too.

I have mates going to some festival threr in march I think or later this monrh. Sasha in playing dont know who else..

The place looks very nice i was wondering if ill join mates
Saw the advert yesterday, one reason ill go for sure, if they will add djs i'm keen on such as portugal Dj Carlos Manacas & portugal life is cheaper than ibz too :cool:,125€ early bird pass for 4 days is quiet fair (it will shorten Ibz closing )
How many miles from the airport, is it worth to rent a car as as all events seems to happen in one spot?

This is looking very tempting for next year! Is this taking over as their main event after what happened in Mexico? I thought this was originally only down to be a 1 day 1 night event? Also does anyone have any thoughts on how many events there may be each day or have any info on what the area/venues are like here?

Does someone know the "concept" - or how has it been in Mexiko? Similar to "Sonar" with an official festival and several off events?
The hotels are still very pricey... I think I will book, too...

Its a huge beach that I know..I wont be buying any tickets for any events as I will have Mrs+kids with me..might go to something when there as some friends are coming down but as long as I can find a nice bar playing Global Beats and no dickheads im happy..:)

Early Bird tickets now sold out!
I'd also recommend you check the prices for your flights and hotels on a few websites - I managed to save myself 100 Euros by not using the BPM website recommended travel company for the same hotel/flight combination. There's plenty of budget hotels by the looks of things at the moment at around the 50-60 Euros/night.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess to answer some of the above will be likely 2-3 daytime, 2-3 night time events to start off. This is how it started in the earlier years in Mexico and it grew to more like 4 day and 4-5 nights. Regarding the Sonar question, the answer is yes, it was very much a festival and then "OFF BPM" events. However, I'm not so sure that will happen in their first run in Portugal but that is just my guess. As for the lineup, I would check past lineups for say 2015-2017, I would think they'll have their usual suspects (definitely Apollonia, Vatos Locos, Guy Gerber, HS82, likely to see Solomun). I'm curious to see how it works out but I wouldn't attend myself. BPM was great in past years but have always been very disorganized, I'd hate to travel that far for a mess on their first run but it is of course a lot closer and easier travel wise for most here.

Im not telling my lot that the festival is on:twisted: they didn't want to go back to ibiza this year and we've been to Portugal before and always wanted to go back.. at least the music wont be crap this time..well 10% of it should be ok..

Right that Only lasted a few days, had to.tell them this morning :) daughter is off to DGTL Amsterdam on Wednesday and when I told her this morning to check bpm Portugal she nearly fell off the chair. Cant belive its on there when we go... and earlier see didn't want to come with us..:lol:

Tier 1 tickets now on sale for BPM festival for anyone looking to get a ticket....

Back