Boxing

Mrs has family living in Bray, the little town KT is from and when her folks were on the piss all the bars would stay closed until they were gone home. LoL usually 2 or 3 times a month. A guy was shot dead couple of years ago at some gym, Katie's father was the target

Mrs has family living in Bray, the little town KT is from and when her folks were on the piss all the bars would stay closed until they were gone home. LoL usually 2 or 3 times a month. A guy was shot dead couple of years ago at some gym, Katie's father was the target
He acted like a real religious fella. Praise the Lord and God bless Everybody.?

Just announced literally just before I type this: Canelo Alvarez v Callum Smith confirmed for December 19th. I think Smith's got a very good chance as long as he doesn't get stiffed by a decision. Great fight though- probably better than Joshua v Fury will be.
What like happened John Ryder?
Canelo is a drug cheat anyway.

What like happened John Ryder?
Canelo is a drug cheat anyway.
We all know Canelo is a drugs cheat, no news there. And Smith had an off night against Ryder. It happens. His performances in the Super Sixx tournament are a more accurate indicator of his abilities

We all know Canelo is a drugs cheat, no news there. And Smith had an off night against Ryder. It happens. His performances in the Super Sixx tournament are a more accurate indicator of his abilities
Against Groves yes, but he beat a kick boxer and a European champion never heard of before. I want him to win, but can’t see it.

Against Groves yes, but he beat a kick boxer and a European champion never heard of before. I want him to win, but can’t see it.
I don't think he will win but I think he will stand a greater chance of doing so more than anyone since Golovkin.

I think Smith v Canelo is a good match up. As said above Smith was awful by his standards against Ryder. Canelo is a similar build so i hope he doesn't struggle in the same manner. I want to like Canelo but i cant. He is a drug cheat and the 1st fight decision against GGG was a disgrace. 2nd fight was much closer but GGG would of had to knock him out twice to get a decision on Mayo de Cinco day in Vegas. What does work in Smiths favour is since then, Jacobs aside, Canelo has had an easy ride... Fielding, out of sorts Kovalev etc so Smith is a real step up. He is also a huge super middleweight with an excellent jab which imho is his key to this fight.

That’s sadly Dubois’ career over then.
Almost certainly. I remember reading about Horace Notice who used to spar with Gary Mason and Frank Bruno and whose career ended after 18 fights. Bearing in mind this was still at a time when the stuffing in gloves was horse hair and the thumbs on the gloves weren't sewn in as they are today. He said the problem was that he would always spar Bruno first who had this amazing reach and deadly accurate ram-rod jab with a knack for catching you in the eye with his thumb. Then he would spar Mason who had a lighning fast and really accurate left hook that left him with a broken eye socket and nerve damage. His career was ended just when he was being touted as our best young heavyweight prospect.

Met Bruno a few times, absolute man mountain. Hands like shovels.

Sad thing Dubois would of earn’t nothing last night. If it wasn’t for Covid would of been in a sold out o2 and PPV.

Met Bruno a few times, absolute man mountain. Hands like shovels.

Sad thing Dubois would of earn’t nothing last night. If it wasn’t for Covid would of been in a sold out o2 and PPV.
Met Bruno once at a white collar boxing event. Absolute gentleman and I got my copy of his book signed. I still maintain that Bruno was far better than people give him credit even to this day. The only people who beat him were James 'Bonecrusher' Smith (who went on to be the first man to take a peak Mike Tyson the distance), Tim Witherspoon who looked like a tub of lard but had incredible ring craft, boxing brain and wickedly fast hands (a bit like Andy Ruiz Jnr only a lot better), Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson (twice). All four are hall of famers and Lewis and Tyson are in almost everybody's top 10 heavyweights list. When he retired he had 45 fights, 40 wins and an almost ludicrous 38 knockouts. That's a hell of a KO ratio by anybody's standards

I love the way his enthusiasm and his respect for the boxers and trainers shines through on every page
When he talks about Benn Eubank fight being made in a Cypriot restaurant in Stratford, that fellas one of my dads best mates.
They had a coach from there to the NEC for the first fight. Sunday Sport strippers on there.
Was at Benns after party. Eubank turned up, done a lap of the venue then left.

When he talks about Benn Eubank fight being made in a Cypriot restaurant in Stratford, that fellas one of my dads best mates.
They had a coach from there to the NEC for the first fight. Sunday Sport strippers on there.
Was at Benns after party. Eubank turned up, done a lap of the venue then left.
I was at Benn - Eubank II at Old Trafford. It was incredible. 45,000 fans, half shouting for Benn and half shouting for Eubank. Unforgettable night.

Massive changes in the boxing world this week after Kinahan sanctioned by US. MTK who have the largest stable in the world are closing down, Probellum dropped by Eurosport.

Big one tomorrow night, from the start said Fury easily wins, now I think Whyte is gonna cause massive upset, whatever the result I reckon both will touch the canvas.

Back