Boxing

matter

Anyone watch the boxing last night? John Ryder was absolutely robbed, should of woke up world champion today. On that showing Canelo absolutely destroys him. Boxing is so corrupt.

Then had Ortiz winning every round against Wilder, then he pulls the one thing he has out of the bag, super human power. And goodnight Ortiz.

I didn't watch those fights but am a big boxing fan. I won't be buying Joshua v Ruiz though- Sky and Eddie Hearn are taking the piss at £25 for it. And besides, Frank Warren generally puts on a much better undercard than Hearn does.

Well the fight has already been agreed, so he’s done his job. MTK who manage Tyson have got a boycott of Irish media.

Past few weeks I’ve been watching the UFC. All live from their training centre in Vegas. Smaller cage than usual. And loads of knockouts.

Kinehan will still operate in boxing's background as he always has. It was a bit of an 'oopsie' for Fury to mention him- he's been shy of media exposure in the past and will go back to what he was already doing, greasing the wheels that get fights, particularly high profile fights made. There was a really good article in Boxing News about him a couple of weeks ago that might still be online.

Friday night's experiment by Frank Warren seems to have paid off- Eddie Hearn must be so pissed off he didn't get there first! Five quality boxing matches and although the presentation of the programme seemed a little disjointed it was a much welcome return :)

Was good to have some live boxing on the box. One of Hearn’s shows is PPV ?
Gym back open in 2 weeks, but no sparring or pad work. Proper got in shape for the new season over the lockdown, super heavy start of the year, now down to welterweight.

Just announced literally just before I type this: Canelo Alvarez v Callum Smith confirmed for December 19th. I think Smith's got a very good chance as long as he doesn't get stiffed by a decision. Great fight though- probably better than Joshua v Fury will be.

Back