Bora Bora

koppas84

I know it is very poor but I have been to Ibiza four times before, next week will be my fifth and I am yet to go to Bora Bora. How far is it in a taxi? Is it the best beach/bar on the island? I feel stupid asking this as I SHOULD have been there by now but I still haven't. Is it worth going there one day I am out there? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
How far from where?

Hard to say its the best beach bar around. Lots of talk this year about Ushuaia and Delano in Playa den Bossa, and you've also got beach clubs in other areas of the island (Cala Jondal, Ses Salinas).

But it is certainly an institution. At its best, a very fun afternoon/evening partying and dancing al fresco. Apparently much improved this year after 2 years of laying low due to legal issues.

Definitely worth a visit if you haven't been. Go in the afternoon, relax on the beach (they have wait service... or you can bring your own beers) and then move up to the bar for a boogie. I usually do this before going back to the hotel to change and grabbing a bite to eat before starting the night program, but it's also a good place for pre-party action later in the evening.

How far from where?

Hard to say its the best beach bar around. Lots of talk this year about Ushuaia and Delano in Playa den Bossa, and you've also got beach clubs in other areas of the island (Cala Jondal, Ses Salinas).

But it is certainly an institution. At its best, a very fun afternoon/evening partying and dancing al fresco. Apparently much improved this year after 2 years of laying low due to legal issues.

Definitely worth a visit if you haven't been. Go in the afternoon, relax on the beach (they have wait service... or you can bring your own beers) and then move up to the bar for a boogie.

From San Antonio. Sorry, should have mentioned that. :D

Cheers for the advice mate, sounds like it's a must.

(note that I added a couple of sentences there after you quoted me)

From San An, you'd take a taxi to Playa den Bossa so it's a decent hike. Look for the Jet Apartments complex a little before Space.

Forget to say: it's about 2 blocks before you get to Space (if coming from the direction of Ibiza Town), on the opposite side of the street.

ok thanks

when i'm over there will be a group of about 15 or more of us so will probably need to take the bus instead

how long would the two bus journeys take roughly?

Not really sure... driving, it's about 20 minutes so I'd guess 45m total transit time on a bus.

who is resident dj out there now, also what day is it in sept 9-16??

i need to know this lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Bora Bora works every day :lol:

Resident DJs include Oliver Lang, Gordon Edge and a couple of others.

we took a taxi from PDB to San Antonio and back to PDB and i think it was 25-28 Euros each way.

Then after Space we got another one back to San Antonio and the driver buckled up, cranked the stereo up and hoofed it all the way. The tyres were screeching round the roundabouts and we norrowly missed scooters on a few occasions.

Didnt mind paying through the nose for that ride!

Was just there last week 3 times, definitely go as it's the best daytime party! It gets gong after 3:00, we left each time about 8:00 to head back to room to change before pre-bars and clubs. Until 4:00-5:00 the back curtains are open and you can walk in and out off the beach with your beers, there is a supermarket across the street at the bus stop next to cafe Mamo (think that's what it's called you'll see it) that 24 oz tall cans of San Miguel for 1Euro. Without a cooler, my friend and I just set up our bag and towels in sand right in front of BB on beach and took turns running down to store to get 2 cans at a time to keep them from getting too warm and took turns swimming in the sea. There's a public bathroom and shower next to BB on right from beach next to tikki bar under Jet hotel sign. After 4:00-5 they put a fence up then you have to have security check your bag, free to get in, but can't bring in beers or wTer at that point, but after 2 hours of 1Euro tall cans needed to dance off my buzz anyway. Beers are 5 Euro inside. Definitelytake the bus there, nonreason to take a cab anywhere on the island, bus times are smooth, leave for Evissa every 15-30 mnutes from San An during the day then switch to PDB bus, there's a website with all the times. If you're heading from San An I wold suggest doing Space after, as dress code is lax there and you can get into Space in nice pair of board shorts, cut-off t-shirt, sneakers, etc. Hope this helps.

Of the 8 times I've been to Ibiza 6 of which I stayed in PDB 1 of which I stayed in the Jets practically on top of the beach bar I've never actually been in there, been outside but not in... never really experienced the need to but it is nice to sunbathe on the beach outside with a bit of wonkey donkey amongst the people partying, and the music used to be pumping from quite early on not sure what time now though. If your not very fit you will leave bora bora promising yourself you will only eat chicken , lettuce and promax bars for the rest of your life and gym 3 hours a day.. I know I do every year I only manage the gym bit though.. those Italians must have some serious willpower :)

Ha, don't ever go to WMC in Miami then Hauskitten, nothing but meatheads:) I know what you mean, friend I was with is disturbingly too into his diet, I keep in shape but you can tell I love my beer and milk and cookies. Didn't think muscle crowd was too bad on the whole island anywhere, but I'm used to waaay too many in the States.

Ha, don't ever go to WMC in Miami then Hauskitten, nothing but meatheads:) I know what you mean, friend I was with is disturbingly too into his diet, I keep in shape but you can tell I love my beer and milk and cookies. Didn't think muscle crowd was too bad on the whole island anywhere, but I'm used to waaay too many in the States.

Why would I wanna stay away from meatheads, you think I don't like a nice 6 pack or something?? You crazy man :lol::lol::lol:

I don't like roiders though give me mens health magazine cover man any day... they are always ugly though :lol::lol:

ok thanks

when i'm over there will be a group of about 15 or more of us so will probably need to take the bus instead

how long would the two bus journeys take roughly?

last year we got a bus from the station in san an to pdb its not that far bout 20 mins.passed through pdb lastyear but defo goin to bora bora this time.

I know it is very poor but I have been to Ibiza four times before, next week will be my fifth and I am yet to go to Bora Bora. How far is it in a taxi? Is it the best beach/bar on the island? I feel stupid asking this as I SHOULD have been there by now but I still haven't. Is it worth going there one day I am out there? :rolleyes:

ive been for the last 3 years and not been to bora bora, went this time and its amazing, better that the clubs imo, off your head in the after noon surrounded by bikini clad babes, just amazing, no better place on this earth!

I'll be doing a full review soon (I am presently continuing my holiday from Ibiza in Hong Kong, Bangkok and now in Phuket). However, I was pleasantly surprised with Bora Bora this year. In my view, it was back to it best of years gone by. Most noticable was dancing allowed on the tables again. Have fun!

Back