Bora Bora 2009 - How is it?

I went to bora bora pretty much every day for the last week i was there 17-24 june 09 and it wasn't very busy at all. No way as good as the same time as last year. The beach was busy but the people just didnt seem interested and werent dancin'......I was quite disappointed as i loved the place last year.....

Im going back to the island tomorrow....so hopeully it has picked up again!

Very poor by years gone by, quiet & civil everywhere. Point out that if you get caught recording a video.....you get put out!!!

Been going for 9 years & can say Im consideing not going back to Bora Bora.
Been downhill since Gee left & the music was pretty poor

More info in my review that im going to start.

Drink prices at bora bora

Say you were to use your passout at space and go down to bora bora beach. how much are the drinks down there nowdays?. Remember they never used to be that expensive, 5euro a pint i remember it being. has it gone up?

Also

What time is bora bora open till now? and if you go the supermarket get some cheap ale you ok drinkin it on the beach by bora bora?

We can all talk about back in the day..
Then there some who live for here & now :)
Some comments found in reviews/threads 2009
Best bar: Bora Bora. There is no comparison. Visited also Ithica, Mambo and Cafe Del Mar and they are so much inferior to Bora Bora. The staff really nice and music is good and loud.
Best bar: Bora bora was immense
tue, bora bora during day which was really good busy as iv ever seen it and music rocking once it got to 4pm stayed till 7ish
Much better than my last time here. Busy, music rocking (billie jean playing)
No overt security measures. Loving it,

Ps: Never heard of anyone being thrown out for having a camera hmmmm Youtube anyone?? But if you film Guardia Civil or Security in Spain at your own risk..

We can all talk about back in the day..
Then there some who live for here & now :)
Some comments found in reviews/threads 2009
Best bar: Bora Bora. There is no comparison. Visited also Ithica, Mambo and Cafe Del Mar and they are so much inferior to Bora Bora. The staff really nice and music is good and loud.
Best bar: Bora bora was immense
tue, bora bora during day which was really good busy as iv ever seen it and music rocking once it got to 4pm stayed till 7ish
Much better than my last time here. Busy, music rocking (billie jean playing)
No overt security measures. Loving it,

Ps: Never heard of anyone being thrown out for having a camera hmmmm Youtube anyone?? But if you film Guardia Civil or Security in Spain at your own risk..

I was there that day mate when it was Jacksons funeral.....thats when the girl got thrown out for recording....

Fair play I still live for here & now but it was folk like me that made Bora Bora the place to be when it all started up. So it is disapointing when you see neds prob like yourself dancing about. Thinking this is brillant but far from it.....not just my opion but from Gee who started up Bora Bora.....

I was there that day mate when it was Jacksons funeral.....thats when the girl got thrown out for recording....

Fair play I still live for here & now but it was folk like me that made Bora Bora the place to be when it all started up. So it is disapointing when you see neds prob like yourself dancing about. Thinking this is brillant but far from it.....not just my opion but from Gee who started up Bora Bora.....

Wasn't he quoting someone else? Even if he wasn't, that some misery guts awfulness you're spouting there, bitter baws. Heaven forbid other people enjoy themselves when you're not able to.

Fair play I still live for here & now but it was folk like me that made Bora Bora the place to be when it all started up. So it is disapointing when you see neds prob like yourself dancing about. Thinking this is brillant but far from it.....

As people say on here - it's exactly the same for someone on their first time now as it was someone on their first time years ago.

Okay so it was maybe a lot better for you back then but no-ones forcing you to go are they?
Why moan when your'e in somewhere as amazing as Ibiza? Just go somewhere else and enjoy it!

And for the record - iv'e never been a fan of BB - whether you can table dance or not! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say i have been a few times this season so far, latest being last Tuesday before Moby @ Space.
I find it extremely annoying that they draw the blue curtain across now at 6.30pm!!
I know they need to make money but that has completely spoilt it for me.
8pm is fair, but 6.30pm is a joke. You get two hours max of drinking on the sand, and i can never get there before 5.30pm due to work...
And its not as busy as last year either

btw fellas, there's a great in-depth interview with DJ Gee on DMC World (I think!) - he talks about how he got through the marathon 12-hour sets in 1997....(no drink or drugs)....also how the bar staff back then worked in tandem with him...setting it up for its worldwide fame....and also the struggle of getting people to continue to dance, considering it was not a proper disco with flashing lights etc....
he mentions from '98 it went downhill, when all the original bar staff left and the new ones that came on board, hadn't a clue

sorry I can't find the link - it's definitely there though....

Its people like you i hate about ibiza.People like you thinking your BETTER than everyone else.So how do you know there NEDS ???? are they going arouond stabbing people??? gicing people abuse for nothing???wearing tracksuits????, orr.... do they look as if they are having fun?Get alife m8 ur no better than anyone else that goes to bora bora now!How dare people go there and enjoy them selves.

i actually thought bora bora was wicked this year, there were people dancing on the tables again lol....much better than last year........but thats just my opinion

Back