Bodypainter/facepainter/ Make-up artist- Advice

Holly Brown

Hello everyone,

hope i get a reply to this because it seems a lot of people post messages and get no replies...

I am a professional body/facepainter- (of 5 years) and am currently studing beauty therpay level 2( due to do exams very soon)

I want to come out to ibiza next year to use my skills, this week i have sent emails to, pretty intricate, kiss my fairy, in your dreams, massage beach ( these seem to be the biggest makeup/ creative body paint companies.

If i haven't heard anything in a week, then i am going to contact them through mobile or instagram.

How should i go about all of this in what order?

get a job sorted first, then NIE then accommodation? or NIE then accommodation? I'm just not sure, i would love to hear from people who are makeup/ body painters, or even someone who can put me in touch with someone out there!

If anyone is interested in seeing more of my work then visit my instagram or website :) livingcreations91 www.livingcreationsmakeup.com

some of my portfolio is attached :)

Attachments

• IMG_6513.JPG
    IMG_6513.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6510.JPG
    IMG_6510.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6512.JPG
    IMG_6512.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 13
Hey

Also interested to hear from people who have experience working as a body painter in Ibiza.

Did it myself 4 years ago (alongside hairdressing) but the job was solely commission-based. Has anyone worked on a basic rate with a company? I'm a hairdresser and makeup artist and do face and bodypainting in a nightclub here in Scotland.

Would love to be painting more (and to be back in Ibiza) but would need the assurance of a more regular rate of pay next time

Will like your insta page @Holly Brown !

Mines is @lizziepaintthetoon xx

NIE and accommodation first. then you go getting your job. lots of the places you mention aren‘t operational right now with their owners possibly travelling and enjoying some downtime. while I‘m sure you will get replies at some point, a lot of people do it the old fashioned way, they take the plunge and come out with no job secured yet. getting NIE and a place to stay is the tricky bit, getting a job isn‘t

Have NIE, sorted that out before coming out to work last time. Accommodation wasn't too much an issue either last time, maybe we were lucky! Just wondered if anyone has worked in mua/body painting roles with a basic rate of pay rather than commission-only? Would like to hear people's experiences.

Cheers

Back