Bobby robson dead

Any strong confirmation? Seems to only be on forums?

Hope it's wrong but more than likely not I guess:cry:

confirmed on BBC

a fine coach and a decent, honourable man, who deserved a lot better from the press and various employers

RIP

Absolute Legend!! One of Englands, nay footballs best managers in recent years. A bloody decent bloke too. Soooooooooo close to World Cup glory as well!! A sad day for football!!

RIP Sir Bob :cry:

My memory is sh1t for detail I don't need day-to-day and yet 'decent' was the first word that sprang to mind to me.

The man was a true gent - an absolutely lovely person to talk to, because I used to book St James so much for our comms events and board meetings, and we had a box there, he would just come into the grounds even after retiring, and have a wander round and pop his head in to meetings and say Hi how is everyone - just randomly :lol::lol::lol::lol:

one of the best managers a team could have hoped for......He will be sadly missed by so many people - not just from the football world - he lived his life to the full... RIP

confirmed on BBC

a fine coach and a decent, honourable man, who deserved a lot better from the press and various employers

RIP
Amen.

I met him once in the hotel across the street from my office. He'd come to Moscow for a Champions League match. A couple of colleagues and I had a long sit-down chat with him. Thoroughly decent fellow. One of those encounters you never forget.

some on here might be too young to remember but those 1986 and 1990 world cups were unbelievable

the devilish dastardly genius of maradona, and the misfortune of parker, pearce, waddle....

If 1986 was about the anger then 1990 was about the sheer suspense and ultimate despair- watching that game in Richmond, screaming at the telly, the look on his face at the end... am not sure England will ever get closer than that in my lifetime... :confused:

some on here might be too young to remember but those 1986 and 1990 world cups were unbelievable

the devilish dastardly genius of maradona, and the misfortune of parker, pearce, waddle....

If 1986 was about the anger then 1990 was about the sheer suspense and ultimate despair- watching that game in Richmond, screaming at the telly, the look on his face at the end... am not sure England will ever get closer than that in my lifetime... :confused:

I was saying to a pal, Italia 90 was a damn good time to be 9 years old (and watch you're first World Cup that will register).

Just a shame that it all went massively downhill from there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was saying to a pal, it was a f*cking great time to be 9 years old (and watch you're first World Cup that will register).

You knows it. Italia 90 was the best world cup ever. Even if we do ever win the bloody thing it would still draw even with Italia 90 for me.

Mrs Jam & I watched the benefit match a few days ago & couldn't believe how frail he looked :(

I remember fighting back the tears when he received the special BBC lifetime achievement award in december last year.

Lovely man.

Sad day

I was saying to a pal, Italia 90 was a damn good time to be 9 years old (and watch you're first World Cup that will register).

an amazing World Cup finals! usual slow start from England

Highlights - Platts injury time winner vs belgium and linekers face :D

that AMAZING game vs Cameroon...not as if we weren't warned enough about them!!

and the Semi.........still get goosebumps when I watch Linekers equaliser....his celebration summed up how a nation was feeling at the time.........waddle hitting the post agggghhhh!!

I cried like a baby!!! so close, so feckin close!!!

God bless ya Sir Bob!!

I remember both of those World cups very well, especially Italia 90.

As an Irishman, it was the very first World Cup that the Republic Qualified for under the legendary management of Jack Charlton, and it was an unforgettable experience for the whole country.

The 1-1 draw with England in Cagliari was a great game. as was the penalty shoot out with Romania which got us into the 1/4 finals against Italy.

Bobby Robson was a gentleman with huge respect within the sport. His tenure as "advisor" to Muppet manager Steve Staunton was ill conceived. His defence of rookie manager Staunton was admirable when things went all Pete Tong.

May he Rest in Peace.

Back