Bobby robson dead

Much loved in Barca too. In one season he won the Spanish supercup, the spanish cup, the Cup Winners Cup and 2nd in the league.

With regard to italia 1990, it was ironic that the one time england deserved to win against Germany they didnt, yet were fortunate in places in other games such as Belgium and Cameroon.

Newcastle players have just put a writh in the centre circle at St James and stood for a minute silence. Very touching

The Mexico 86 world cup was what got me into the sport. I was only 12 at the time and remember feeling livid with Diego for that "Hand of God".

Even more gutted in 1990 but so proud of how the team did.

Great times indeed to be an England fan and some fantastic memories. RIP Sir Bob:cry:

I'm not ashamed to say that I cried my eyes out today when I heard.

The world is in mourning for a football legend and above all a remarkable man.

RIP

Boby Robson will always be a legend- fancy winning the league with Ipswich???? Remakable man and even more remarkable manager. RIP.:cry:

He looked on his last legs at the memorial match last weekend but as usual he dealt with everything with an unbelievable amount of grace.

R.I.P. Sir Bobby,A Gentleman And A Legend.

Getting fed up with Sky's coverage of Newcastle though! That club was the only blemish on an amazing career! They sacked him and their fans were saying 5th in the premier league wasn't good enough for a club of their stature! Oh please. What Sir Bobby done for them was more than remarkable but still not enough for that delusional mob.

The problem with Sky is they think they invented football and anything before that doesnt count.

Robson had an amazing career with Fulham, Ipswich, Barca, PSV, Porto and England yet Sky concentrating on bloody Newcastle! The work he done at Ipswich will probably never be done again.

Lets hope we get decent tributes on TV and see more of the amazing work Sir Bobby done.

Some great memories earlier from Italia 90, Platt's goal against Belguim who should've hammered us. Think they hit the post twice too through Enzo Scifo (now there was a player). The topsy turvey QF against Roger Milla's Cameroon. The heartbreak of the semi where Waddle nearly scored from about 45 yards but was tipped over by Illgner. We started off poorly in that tournament but went from strength to strength as the tournament progressed, just had an ageing keeper for the shootout and we all know the Germans never lose on penalties.

86 was a fantastic World Cup beaten by the hand and feet of God. Probably the greatest player of all time who took an average side twice to the final of football's biggest stage.

One last point why is Sir Bobby a man known for his honesty being spoken about by old bungpuss Redknapp a man known for his dishonesty! Flammin cheek.

Some crazy facts coming out here kids. At Fulham he was sacked after 9 months, he never won the league with Ipswich and Newcastle were certainly not a blemish on his career. Champions League football at the club he loves... ? ? ?

Sad news but I'm just glad he managed to get his knighthood, lifetime achievement award and even that game last week under his belt before he died.

How many times did he play for Fulham? Few hundred i think.

Yes champion league football he gave Newcastle and what did they do? Sacked him.

Im not really having a pop at Newcastle but more Sky's love in with the toon when he done far more in the game that should be focused on rather than just his time at Newcastle.

UEFA cup he won with Ipswich when it was the hardest European trophy to win. Amazing achievement for club that size.

Good tribute last night on the beeb. Really showed up what kuntz are press can be.

I agree with your last sentence SP though.

Back