Bob Sinclair - thoughts?

missflorida

I had posted this somewhere else but for some reason I think it got removed!

Anyway, who has seen Bob Sinclair live and what are your thoughts on his club nights/music? Thinking about Pacha for Defected this night because I can't find anything better and don't want to do Amnesia and Privilege 2 times. Will be there July 18th. I don't think his music is my cup of tea, but want to know the atmosphere of the party.

Thanks!

P.S. I wonder what Space is going to come up with for Saturday nights?

What can I say? After one has seen the likes of Carl Craig, DJ Pierre (Acid House), Force of Nature, Francois K., Tim Sweeney, Paul Takahashi and Harvey (who is God, BTW), to name a few, one gets very spoiled.

Sinclair is like our queen from San Francisco, Mark Farina; playing the same crapola again and again.

No one is a huge fan here I can see! I'm more of a trance/progressive type anyway so going to Defected will probably be last resort. That's the thing about going with a group - you've always got to compromise on what to do. Yeah, I need to go find some whole in a wall for Saturday night it sounds like.....anyone care to join? lol ;)

always think of frank when i see bob sinclair threads.

lenny, total crap but such a brilliant track.

bl185_269639a.jpg

Apart from 'Feel For You'. I'll always have a soft spot for that tune.
J

No one is a huge fan here I can see! I'm more of a trance/progressive type anyway so going to Defected will probably be last resort. That's the thing about going with a group - you've always got to compromise on what to do. Yeah, I need to go find some whole in a wall for Saturday night it sounds like.....anyone care to join? lol ;)

Zoo by day, then take it easy at night, or go on to Underground or something? Underground is pretty close by.

What can I say? After one has seen the likes of Carl Craig, DJ Pierre (Acid House), Force of Nature, Francois K., Tim Sweeney, Paul Takahashi and Harvey (who is God, BTW), to name a few, one gets very spoiled.

Sinclair is like our queen from San Francisco, Mark Farina; playing the same crapola again and again.

hear hear! :D

I can't comment on Farina but all the other guys you mentioned are WORLD CLASS - excellent choices

sinclar, guetta etc are steaming turds - everyone with functioning ears knows that. Trully embarrassing they are given so much unnecessary publicity on this site. If its French DJs you want, check pepe bradock, joakim, icube, d'julz - that's where the talent and innovation is..

I can't comment on Bob Sinclar...but let's not go bashing Mark Farina. The man is a legend. I've seen him a number of times and he has never dissapointed....

hard to believe that he made I feel for you...such a classic track...definitely in my top 10 of all time anthems...no matter when that song comes on or where i get chills....was just in the UK in March and was at a bar called the Mapleleaf (a Canadian bar in downtown London)...that song along with alot of other anthems like groovejet, another chance, starlight came on which were great in their own right...when i feel for u came on i was in the middle of a conversation with my girlfriend and instantly stopped and had to tell her about the track....reminds me of the best days of my life when i was in college and they would play a promo for his album champs elysee on KTU here in NYC...i was studying alot in my basement and when i heard that promo i downloaded it on napster..hasnt left my files since....cant believe 2000 was 9 years ago....they dont make house like that anymore and bob sinclar is straight up garbage and a sell out...cheers

Anyway, who has seen Bob Sinclair live and what are your thoughts on his club nights/music?
This has gotta be the 10th time we've had this discussion :lol: ;)

My opinion remains the same: Bob Sinclar was great up until the whistling started.

His albums Paradise and Champs Elysee, his project Africanism with DJ Gregory, sets I saw him play at Zeppelin (Moscow), Ministry of Sound (London) and Pacha Ibiza. All great stuff. He actually used to play a good mix of straight-up house, tribal, and progressive house. That Zeppelin set was all progressive... great night.

But I believe the turning point can be marked at the release of his song Love Generation. That's when he jumped the shark. From then on, it's all been crap - the music and his DJing. I blame David Guetta.

I never seen him live, but I do love alot of his really cheesey songs.

I don't think I'd ever pay to see him if it meant booking tickets etc. Like, if I was going "gee where do we go tonite" and Bob Sinclar was doing a gig and it was $20 entry, I'd go because, I love his production work so it'd be good to hear him Dj.

What is it thats so bad about his Djing? (Im curious to know cos I figure if you guys can spell it out maybe it could help me brush up my own ****)

Back