Bob Sinclair - thoughts?

His first album Paradise was actually really good. Champs Elyesees was not bad, but everything after that has been tragic.

To be fair I don't think he's done any worse than Roger Sanchez or Armand Van Helden as far as Old Vs New goes.

Professionals need to stay abreast of the times and adapt their sounds accordingly.

I think, Rock This Party was his greatest wrong doing. But I can forgive him because he has put out more good **** than bad.

This has gotta be the 10th time we've had this discussion :lol: ;)

My opinion remains the same: Bob Sinclar was great up until the whistling started.

His albums Paradise and Champs Elysee, his project Africanism with DJ Gregory, sets I saw him play at Zeppelin (Moscow), Ministry of Sound (London) and Pacha Ibiza. All great stuff. He actually used to play a good mix of straight-up house, tribal, and progressive house. That Zeppelin set was all progressive... great night.

But I believe the turning point can be marked at the release of his song Love Generation. That's when he jumped the shark. From then on, it's all been crap - the music and his DJing. I blame David Guetta.

Agree. Paradise is one of my top 5 albums. The Africanism stuff was also tops. It went down hill from the whistling.

The first ever song featuring whistling was "Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. That tells you something.

Back