Blokey Thread - Maximuscle Nutrition

Taffy Raver

Are there any real people out there that are using this to aid training/ fitness goals that can validate the claims made by the companies marketing brochures?

I am thinking of resorting to the Promax diet products as I find that no matter how much training weights and cardio work I do, I cant get rid of the excess flab round the waist.

Is there anyone that can vouch for the almost to good to be true claims?

There is no substitute for a good run to burn flab.

However I have used the capsules thermo something and yeah they did work but you need to keep using them. I use the cyclone and extreme viper at the moment though and have noticed a difference.

So the answer is yes.

I find protein shakes make me fat - and to replace an otherwise 'normal' diet with a shake seems ludicrous. It just means that when you stop doing the shakes you'll pile it all back on.

My latest fad is this thingy:

kettlebell_thumb_popup.jpg

Kettlebell training it where it's at...forget the gym - it's rubbish in comparison and gives you an ace cardio session as well as muscle definition.

I find protein shakes make me fat - and to replace an otherwise 'normal' diet with a shake seems ludicrous. It just means that when you stop doing the shakes you'll pile it all back on.

My latest fad is this thingy:

kettlebell_thumb_popup.jpg

Kettlebell training it where it's at...forget the gym - it's rubbish in comparison and gives you an ace cardio session as well as muscle definition.

Yeah this appears to be very popular at the mo

I personally, would not take any fitness / diet supplements for anything. The amount of people using various different products essentially, just to aid the aesthic elements of muscles is ridiculous when it gives no benefits at all and in most cases, when not used correctly makes everything worse.

Belly flab is always hardest to get rid of and there is only one way to do so, obviously keep up your cardio and weight training but the only way to obtain the 'six pack' is to eat extremely healthily and I mean extremely. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. You would have to abstain from pretty much all forms of enjoyment, eating nice things and drinking essentially. Where diet products obviously aid this, the are detremental in other areas. If you went just to see your GP they would happily give your advice on your diet, but obviously the Internet has loads of stuff on this.

What Robder says is bang on too. So essentially, keep a good diet, don't drinking excessively about about 100 sit ups a day would give you a six pack. Although most belly flab is round the sides, so if you do another 100 rotating sit ups your good to go. OOO, and buy a medicine ball.

No product is going to make the flab vanish my man... you need to do enough cardio to get into your fat burning zone. This is when your body has used up all the carbs for energy and resorts to using the fat in your body for energy.
IMO the best way to do this is HIIT (High intensity interval training) goes like this. 5 min warm up at about 60% of your full rate. After your warm up it starts to get hard... you should have worked up enough of a sweat to start entering your fat burning zone by this stage. go 30secs on 1min off and repeat 8-10 times. What this means is you really need to bust your ass for thos 30secs, I mean go at 150% and then bring it right down to a slow jog for a minute and then go again.
At the end, go at 60% for 5mins for you cool down. the whole workout shouldn't last more than 30mins.

If you've done it properly, you shouldn't be able to walk afterwards due to the fact that your completely knackered and the sweat will be flying out of you.

I do weights (high reps low weight) three times a week and then do HIIT the days im not lifting (6 days in all) rest on sundays although I have to admit, ive starting taking fridays off now as well. When I am doing weights I do them for fitness rather than to bulk up.

You should never be working out for more than 45 minutes a day IMO... personally I dont have the time, so I prefer to go in and bust my ass for a hour than spend two hours twating about. Get in there, get a sweat on and you'll see results.

If you starting a new programme, give it at least two weeks beofre you see any results. Your body needs time to adjust to the new workout and diet, so after it gets used to it, you def start to see things tighten up and clothes being loose... be patient.

Now, back to the products. Personally, I have used promax in the past. One in the morning and one straight after the workout at night to fuel them muscles. Pormax is expensive though and there are just as good protien supplements out there for half the price, you just need to have a bit of alook around.

I've been doing this for about 9months and im in better shape than Ive ever been... Im not exactly ryan reynolds but ive dropped my BF % from 24 to 15 and went from a 38 waist to a 34. I do eat healthy, but i don't take the piss... theres always room for a few beers and I havent done a sit up in 6months, they're over rated...

Right thats my rant over... hope this helps;)

PS: Can you tell I worked in a gym for four years? haha
J

Last edited by a moderator:
Bearing in mind that your body only needs extra protein if it has used up everything you get naturally from your diet. Which on today's average man's diet is alot, and therefore unless your working out proper intensely pretty much seven days a week or more, you don't need. Therefore your just putting excess protein in your body which unfortunately just makes you get fat because your not using it.

Im a girl and i only use them for recovery, i find if ive done a long run eg 10K+ and i drink the protein drink straight away after - or within the hour or so) i dont ache the next day so i can still train at the gym the next day with weights and not feel too sore.

(btw on a totally separate note they are also fantastic when you have two broken jaws and cannot eat! :lol: much better than complan or blended pasta...)

Last edited by a moderator:
No product is going to make the flab vanish my man... you need to do enough cardio to get into your fat burning zone. This is when your body has used up all the carbs for energy and resorts to using the fat in your body for energy.
IMO the best way to do this is HIIT (High intensity interval training) goes like this. 5 min warm up at about 60% of your full rate. After your warm up it starts to get hard... you should have worked up enough of a sweat to start entering your fat burning zone by this stage. go 30secs on 1min off and repeat 8-10 times. What this means is you really need to bust your ass for thos 30secs, I mean go at 150% and then bring it right down to a slow jog for a minute and then go again.
At the end, go at 60% for 5mins for you cool down. the whole workout shouldn't last more than 30mins.

If you've done it properly, you shouldn't be able to walk afterwards due to the fact that your completely knackered and the sweat will be flying out of you.

I do weights (high reps low weight) three times a week and then do HIIT the days im not lifting (6 days in all) rest on sundays although I have to admit, ive starting taking fridays off now as well. When I am doing weights I do them for fitness rather than to bulk up.

You should never be working out for more than 45 minutes a day IMO... personally I dont have the time, so I prefer to go in and bust my ass for a hour than spend two hours twating about. Get in there, get a sweat on and you'll see results.

If you starting a new programme, give it at least two weeks beofre you see any results. Your body needs time to adjust to the new workout and diet, so after it gets used to it, you def start to see things tighten up and clothes being loose... be patient.

Right thats my rant over... hope this helps;)

PS: Can you tell I worked in a gym for four years? haha
J

Totally agree. Too many people posing in front of the mirror and looking at sweaty brands hatches! I won't do more than an hour in a gym.

I have been working out 3-4 times week now for 4 years & know more than enough info on this subject!

Weights alone will not shift fat- Fact!

Weights do burn calories, however no-where enough to slim down.
The 2 most important factors are diet & exercise. You can do 1000 sit up's a day & you will never get a 6 pack if your body fat % is above 10%ish -
this is as the layer of fat on the stomach will cover any muscle you have built through sit up's.

In the same way if you are slightly "tubby" and bench press everyday, sure, your chest will grow but will still be covered by a layer of fat & you will just end up looking bulky.

I would suggest doing plenty of fitness, my fav is the rowing machine as this will tone & burn calories at the same time, leave the weights untill the end of your session & do light weights & high reps. i.e 4 sets of 12
There are leads of supplements out there, some better than others, there are some great websites/ forums too- check out
www.muscletalk.co.uk - loads of info on there- Good luck!

Weights alone will not shift fat- Fact!

The 2 most important factors are diet & exercise. You can do 1000 sit up's a day & you will never get a 6 pack if your body fat % is above 10%ish -
this is as the layer of fat on the stomach will cover any muscle you have built through sit up's.

Damn straight!

Sit ups are over rated... planks, swiss ball balancing and bucket loads of cardio is the way forward.

J

Back