Bloc 2012 (London)

Line-up so far :

Line-up /
Richie Hawtin, Snoop Dogg, Orbital, Flying Lotus, Gary Numan, Squarepusher,Battles, Jeff Mills, DOOM, Joker, Sandwell District, Scion Feat. Tiki Man, Jacques Greene, L-Vis 1990 b2b Bok Bok, Cosmin TRG, Levon Vincent, Appleblim, Objekt,Lucy, Daniel Stefanik / Raster Noton feat. Alva Noto, Byetone, SND

Resident Advisor Stage:
Steve Reich, Ricardo Villalobos, Nicolas Jaar, ATOL, Carl Craig, Apparat, Ellen Allien, Four Tet, Digital Mystikz, Scuba, Shackleton, Xhin, Clark, Actress, Martyn, Daniel Stefanik

NMBRS vs. Swamp81 feat:
Hudson Mohawke, Joymaster aka Jackmaster b2b Joy Orbison Addison Groove,Boddika, Pinch Loefah, Oneman, Deadboy, Redinho, Spencer

It's the most interesting lineup I've seen so far, UK-wise. Don't know why they bothered to wheel Snoop in but hey ho ! I'm committed that weekend at the moment, but have a few more months to work on that !

Bloc has been going for a few years and have put on a quite a few hip hop / crossover artists on over the years. Kool Keith , Afrika Bambaata , Qbert , Salt n Pepper but to bring the Dawg to London is BIIIG!

yep definitely not bothering with sw4 this year , in fact seems alot of the big events have really dropped the ball this summer and are going for the skrillex/pop crowd. Each to there own i guess

Looks good pisses all over sw4, that's gone a bit vfest that place.

Makes me annoyed how other organisers can find these venues IN LONDON which will no doubt allow for the sound and volume to be what you expect, yet SW4 have to pu$$y foot around the Clapham Common resident's requests.

think going to come down for this.

anyone suggest some cheapish hotels/hostels around the excel arena / bloc (london pleasure gardens area? 3 of us will be coming

cheers8) (im not that familiar with london, and most of the good /cheap places next to the site have all sold out.

Have a look for cheap apartments to rent for the weekend, last time we did london we got a 3 room terraced house rooms where huge, for £50 a night for 4 people, so £100 for full weekend is good, thats not per person.....

Look on the apartment and villa websites, ownersdirect and some other one, the one we got was very close to bloc, a lto cheaper than the hotels....

Ive also just fully booked Bloc

Probably should've looked into hiring an apartment but eventually just booked travel lodge a few miles from bloc, it will do for all the time I expect to be in the room for anyway .

Any word yet on after party's ?...is there many club spaces / after venues near the pleasure gardens?

2 weeks today...getting very excited about this London trip , another mate is now signed up for it so 4 of us making it bloc 2012.

Who's going ?
Word on the afterpartys?

still havnt got ticket. friday would be the day for me. duno bout afterparties but if tour managers had their heads screwed on id hazard a guess alot of good djs will be in londres that weekend

i see bloc are doing an after from 6am- 1pm on the saturday, buses to /from Cafe 1001, free to get in with bloc wristband.

was thinking might head to fabric on the sunday morning...anyone know the last entry time at fabric? (i;'ve never been so fancy taking it in whilst down in london)

oh, whats the thoughts on securtiy for bloc.?...sniffer dogs going to be out?:spank:

ive gone into fabric around 4am no problems maybe later. Not sure they'd let u in after 6 as there would only be 1 room open for an hour or 2 but you never know , depends how late they are going that night/morning

still rageing at the fact Bloc moved to london and i never got to minehead in march :(

some line up they have put together though and will be a top weekend

ive gone into fabric around 4am no problems maybe later. Not sure they'd let u in after 6 as there would only be 1 room open for an hour or 2 but you never know , depends how late they are going that night/morning
fabric is on til 8am that sunday morning.

apparently a few mates from my old work have set up a fund , bob geldoff style to get me a ticket :) we'll see

Back