best clubs/nights in Madrid?

Cool1g

Hi - I'll be in Madrid for a couple of days before I head over to Ibiza with some friends. What is a good source to find the best clubs in Madrid? I'll be there from friday aug 8th - monday aug 11th. i've spent some time looking but haven't come up with a good website or place that lists DJs or events. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Well, I don't know if you wanna go bars, clubbing or whatever. The best clubs are:
- Kapital - Big, seven floors and nice music althrough no famous djs.
- Groove - Big also and good djs often, but far from the centre.
- Fabric - Brand new, seems good but never been there.
- Attica - Hard stuff.
- Joy Eslava - Chic and cool, famous people hang out there often.
- Pacha Madrid - What can I say?
- Arena - Good music and cool parties.
- Coppelia 101 - @ Sala Publico Fri and Sat. Underground music.
- Danzoo - Big names often.
- Nuit - Nice place but the music, sometimes good and sometimes shit.

The pubs zones are the following, which you can nitice by the name of the subway station.

- Moncloa - Universitaries, good anmbient, but no good for music.
- Chueca - Gay. Good ambient.
- Alonso Martinez - Drinking, and good music.
- Nuevos Ministerios - Nice and cool too.

<<< Hope you found this helpful, If you need to know anything else just ask.

thanks for the info Kaiser! :)

is there an easy way to find out if any top DJs are playing on 8-8 to 8-11? maybe a website or a local paper?

what would you say the best sights to visit are? I know the musuems, but its always cool to find something a local says to do that's not in the tour guides.

thanks!

Cool1g said:
thanks for the info Kaiser! :)

is there an easy way to find out if any top DJs are playing on 8-8 to 8-11? maybe a website or a local paper?

what would you say the best sights to visit are? I know the musuems, but its always cool to find something a local says to do that's not in the tour guides.

thanks!

Where are you from? Where are you coming from? What hotel and what street will you be? Just curious.

First of all tell you that top DJ will be playing in Ibiza, you will be so lucky if you find something good for those days. I don't know any web to info, cos all I do is get the flyers to select where I go. You know?
If you tell me what is your favourite style I could help you to find somethin good. Here everything you will find will be hard stuff, house or techno. I am a big fan of trance and it is almost imposible to hear some here.
And about cool things to visit, try to tell me if you wanna see sports, buildings, museums (maybe you don't know all them), just nice places to walk... ok?

I'm coming from Los Angeles....a couple of others will be there as well.

We are all going to Ibiza for a week after we leave Madrid, so its okay if we don't see any big DJs in Madrid. just figured that there might be some there over the weekend we are there.

it sounds like Kapital and Joy Eslave are places i'd like to check out.

i wanted to see Real Madrid play but apparently they are in Hong Kong that weekend.

i know all the big touristy musesums, etc. to see. just wondering what a local might recommend that i wouldn't think of.

thanks!

Cool1g said:
I'm coming from Los Angeles....a couple of others will be there as well.

We are all going to Ibiza for a week after we leave Madrid, so its okay if we don't see any big DJs in Madrid. just figured that there might be some there over the weekend we are there.

i wanted to see Real Madrid play but apparently they are in Hong Kong that weekend.

i know all the big touristy musesums, etc. to see. just wondering what a local might recommend that i wouldn't think of.

thanks!

Ok L.A. mate, It is a pity you won't see Real Madrid, sorry. About KAPITAL, you can find it near "Atocha" Subway Station, and "Atocha Renfe" Train Station, and JOY ESLAVA is in "Sol" Subway station. I think Kapital is 6 or 8 € and Joy Eslava a bit expensive, but not as Ibiza.

Hmm... I love travelling, and what I like the most is walking through the streets and visiting nice buildings. I am not Spanish althrough I have been living here since long. I'd go see All the zone around "PLAZA MAYOR" close to "Sol" Underground, also "PALACIO REAL" close to " Opera" Underground.
Maybe you would like to see the modern part which is uptown all the zone between "RECOLETOS" Train Station and "NUEVOS MINISTERIOS" Train Station. There you can see the "Kio Towers"and "S.Bernabeu Stadium" (R. Madrid Soccer).
If you are interested in History, this city has a lot, let me know and I will tell you where to go.
Tips - Be prepared to speak some Spanish as people here don't speak english or any other language. It is hard to find any help in that sense, you will see.
- Don't use taxis to move around. They are expensive ,the Bus can take you wherever, but the subway is the best choice always if you wanna go fast. It even reaches the airport, so you know what to do if you wanna save some money.

Well, if you need some more help, just let me know. :D

Cool1g said:

Hi,
I think Joy Eslava is a bit crappy, used to be the center of posh life and now in decadence. But maybe you have a surprise.

Enjoy

silverio said:
8) try to visit the www.clubbingspain.com home page, there you can find the djs that are visiting spain every week, madrid included, of course

This website should be called clubbingmadridandtheothers.com

Perfect to get info from Madrid, but not from other places.

I'll also add more information:
If you like clubbing, don't do Joy Eslava. It's too posh. Neither do Kapital. Too many kids.
Not all the parties in Arena are good (just Essence IMO).
Other good places for clubbing:
- The Room @ Stella.
- Space Of Sound (SpS) @ Macumba (Chamartin Railstation) on Sunday morning till afternoon, the best choice in Madrid. It worth going to bed early on Saturday night in order to be fresh on Sunday. But it closes in august. Monthly residence of Morillo.
- Essence @ Arena. Sunday evenings.
- Deep @ Divino. Fridays.
- People @ Maxime. Sunday evenings.
- Cream @ Bash. Thursdays.
- These are gay clubs but open to everyone: Pasapoga, Royal @ Cool, Sundance @ Changó, Weekend @ Bash. Sundance and Weekend on Sunday nights.

I'm not from Madrid, but been sometimes and have many friends there.

does Dave Clarke not have a residency in madrid in the summer

TigerVlc said:
silverio said:
8) try to visit the www.clubbingspain.com home page, there you can find the djs that are visiting spain every week, madrid included, of course

This website should be called clubbingmadridandtheothers.com

Perfect to get info from Madrid, but not from other places.

I'll also add more information:
If you like clubbing, don't do Joy Eslava. It's too posh. Neither do Kapital. Too many kids.
Not all the parties in Arena are good (just Essence IMO).
Other good places for clubbing:
- The Room @ Stella.
- Space Of Sound (SpS) @ Macumba (Chamartin Railstation) on Sunday morning till afternoon, the best choice in Madrid. It worth going to bed early on Saturday night in order to be fresh on Sunday. But it closes in august. Monthly residence of Morillo.
- Essence @ Arena. Sunday evenings.
- Deep @ Divino. Fridays.
- People @ Maxime. Sunday evenings.
- Cream @ Bash. Thursdays.
- These are gay clubs but open to everyone: Pasapoga, Royal @ Cool, Sundance @ Changó, Weekend @ Bash. Sundance and Weekend on Sunday nights.

I'm not from Madrid, but been sometimes and have many friends there.

All you say is ok, but going to Kapital is even worthy I think. Joy Eslava isn't that bad althrough sometimes the music is shitty. Space Of Sound is really cool sometimes, but only been there 2 times, but I still preffer Arena and Groove.

I've never heard about Groove (I think). Where is it located? What type of music and people can you find in there?

I told the only good party in Arena is Essence (sunday evening) because I remember to go on friday and saturday nights and it was terrible. Plenty of 'mascachapas' (overpilled kids).

Never been to Kapital, I just told what my friends from Madrid and other people consulted told me.

Clubbing in Madrid is an amazing experience these late years.

TigerVlc said:
I've never heard about Groove (I think). Where is it located? What type of music and people can you find in there?

I told the only good party in Arena is Essence (sunday evening) because I remember to go on friday and saturday nights and it was terrible. Plenty of 'mascachapas' (overpilled kids).

Never been to Kapital, I just told what my friends from Madrid and other people consulted told me.

I am not from Madrid but I've been told that Kapital is the kingdom of teenagers. I have a 16 yo cousin who thinks it's paradise. Anyway, probably at late it's ok.

thanks for the advice!

i think i'll skip Kapital - sounds too young for my taste. :)

I might check out Joy Eslava - since i'll be in Ibiza the next week I'll see all the good DJs then. going to a 'posh' place on that Sat nite would be fun I think. Is there another 'posh' type club that hasn't been listed in this thread yet? Any really cool bars as well?

i've seen that clubbinginspain.com site before. i can't seem to find a link which would show who is in Madrid from Aug 8-Aug 10. any ideas?

also, have you guys heard of the AC Hotel Avenida de America? Its located at Cartegena 83-85. How is the location?

thanks!

Cool1g said:
thanks for the advice!

i think i'll skip Kapital - sounds too young for my taste. :)

I might check out Joy Eslava - since i'll be in Ibiza the next week I'll see all the good DJs then. going to a 'posh' place on that Sat nite would be fun I think. Is there another 'posh' type club that hasn't been listed in this thread yet? Any really cool bars as well?

i've seen that clubbinginspain.com site before. i can't seem to find a link which would show who is in Madrid from Aug 8-Aug 10. any ideas?

also, have you guys heard of the AC Hotel Avenida de America? Its located at Cartegena 83-85. How is the location?

thanks!

I have a brand new idea for you... If you like skiing, just tell me cos we have in Madrid the biggest indoor skiing field of Europe. Nice place and also pretty cheap.

Your hotel is located uptown, good comunication with airport by subway (Avenida America Subway).

By the way... How old are you? Kapital Young closes at 10:30 PM and then they re open at 12 for older till 6 AM . http://www.grupo-kapital.com

TigerVlc said:

Groove is in Pinto. Last time I went was April 12, and Tiesto came.
Arena is sooo cool, yes, plenty of "mascachapas", but never had trouble there.
Kapital, amazing.
We don't have Trance music in Madrid (or even Spain) and that's the worst thing.

Look what Groove does for us sometimes... :D --- Well, sometimes is too much, cos It only happened once.

TicketGroove+apr12-03.jpg

Seems like finally know how to post pics. :p

Kaiser - you said that my hotel is located 'uptown'. is that good? bad? what kind of neighborhood is it? i can see that i will have to take the metro to get to any of the major tourist stuff. not a big deal. but i don't want to stay in a location that is too far out of the way....

what are is the best for shopping?

Cool1g said:
Kaiser - you said that my hotel is located 'uptown'. is that good? bad? what kind of neighborhood is it? i can see that i will have to take the metro to get to any of the major tourist stuff. not a big deal. but i don't want to stay in a location that is too far out of the way....

what are is the best for shopping?

The "neighborhood" is ok. I like that zone, really, you are lucky, even knowing that is not the main centre. You aren't far, in fact you are pretty good connected, so don't worry. As you say you will have to get the metro, but that's not a big deal. Believe me, you will be fine.
A page for the Metro: http://www.metropla.net/eu/mad/madrid.htm#f2

By the way, What kind of shopping? You have "Corte Inglés" everywhere, but it is common known as the most expensive place to go shopping altrough they have everything you could look for.

Back