best clubs/nights in Madrid?

Kaiser said:
Cool1g said:
Kaiser - you said that my hotel is located 'uptown'. is that good? bad? what kind of neighborhood is it? i can see that i will have to take the metro to get to any of the major tourist stuff. not a big deal. but i don't want to stay in a location that is too far out of the way....

what are is the best for shopping?

The "neighborhood" is ok. I like that zone, really, you are lucky, even knowing that is not the main centre. You aren't far, in fact you are pretty good connected, so don't worry. As you say you will have to get the metro, but that's not a big deal. Believe me, you will be fine.
A page for the Metro: http://www.metropla.net/eu/mad/madrid.htm#f2

By the way, What kind of shopping? You have "Corte Inglés" everywhere, but it is common known as the most expensive place to go shopping altrough they have everything you could look for.

Oh Kaiser!
Don't talk about El Corte Inglés!!! :lol: ;)

Cool1g, El Corte Inglés is a big big department store where you can find everything but not "glamour" at all. I think it's the worst place to shopping. The only good thing is that they have a Quicksilver Corner.
If you come to Barcelona, I would tell you many places for shopping, nice streets in the medieval zone with really cool shops. But, you are going to Madrid... A shame. 8)

"El Corte Ingles" are the most important department stores throughout Spain. It's like Macy's and Bloomingdale's in NY or Harrods in London.

There's everything. But for music, electronics, books and computers related things the best choice is Fnac (Plaza del Callao).

LOL! :)

I was in Barcelona a couple of years back - i know what El Corte Ingles is.... :)

I understand that the hotel i might stay at is just east of the Salamanca district - from what i am reading that is where the best shopping in Madrid is. I'm more looking for an area with cool stores, not just a specific store.

But thanks for the tips!

Maybe "Mercado Fuencarral", it is so fashion and cool to see. Also nice bars and pubs at night. Look for it near Alonso Martinez area - Not Fuencarral station -.

Afreind sent me this when I asked them what it was like:

El Palacio Gaviria is in Calle Arenal off Puerta del Sol

Kapital is in Calle Atocha - 7 floor one

Also by Atocha station an open air club has opened which is really good
called 'Ananda'

Back