Berlin - thoughts?

Patto

So, after a few years away from the White Isle I have decided to finally head to Berlin for all of the underground action.

However, I just wanted to get peoples thoughts and opinions on Berlin vs Ibiza. I know we have done the Ibiza vs Vegas debate to death, but Berlin makes as excited as the times I have booked for Ibiza.

Looking at my dates, 21-25th July, I am pretty excited to have the options of Sasha (Watergate) or Midland/Denis Sulta (Berghain) on the first night/weekend! Other than these I have found Hallo Montag (ipse), which looks pretty good and could be a DC10 Monday replacement.

So, as I say, I am looking at thoughts/opinions/suggestions on Berlin, and how it compares to Ibiza!

Not been to Berghain, but been to Watergate twice, it’s superb in the summer sitting on the jetty smoking terrace with the sun coming up.

Its generally cheap. Clubs enterance ticket generally between 10 - 16 euros. Water 2 or 3 euros in many clubs. Music dont stop until next day.
Sometimes door policy will be strict so its better to know information about djs who will be play...

Can't wait to visit this place next year aswell. As I've said in another thread Germany suprised me really enjoyed it and want to visit more of it. Went to Munich in May.

Booked a hotel near freidrichshan for may bank holiday next year (free cancellation just incase it things come up)

It's like Ibiza - minus the sun, the good vibes and with severely reduced chances of getting in anywhere due to picky bouncers. ;)

Berlin is great, but not comparable to Ibiza in much the same way that London isn't. Both are party destinations, but only one is a holiday destination. Therefore not a straight substitute, but still worth doing nonetheless

As people have mentioned above they are two completely different places. I would say from a clubbing perspective, Berlin leads (on a weekend) the way especially if you are into Techno. There are less restrictions, parties go on much longer (closing times are not an issue), always quality line ups with longer set and clubs are cheaper and the transport is excellent, so you can go from one place to another fairly easily.

Ibiza is my favorite place in the world for so many reasons but I think its fallen behind berlin on a clubbing front imo.

Would anyone have any "friends" out in the area or have any friendly advice for someone visiting and wanting a similar experience to the White Isle?

I'm heading to Berlin 4th April for a long weekend? Anyone recommend any good bars that have live djs for a bit of drink and tunes during the day? Or any day clubbing events? Cheers

I'm heading to Berlin 4th April for a long weekend? Anyone recommend any good bars that have live djs for a bit of drink and tunes during the day? Or any day clubbing events? Cheers

check out:
// Klunkerkranich: alternative rooftop bar, sometimes with daytime events (in the evening with little admission fee)
// Mnml bar: bar with electronic music and live dj every day (=bar)
// Heideglühen: "underground" party. the announce their dates and line-ups very last-minute via facebook and newsletter. Should be open at this weekend from Friday night until Sunday noon (=clubbing event with admission)
// Sisyphos: huge playground for adults. should be open this weekend (in winter/spring in 2-week rhythm) - open from Friday night until Monday/Tuesday non-stop (=clubbing event with admission)
// Club der Visionäre: open air location, probably open when the weather is good
// Griessmühle: often open during daytime with 1-2 floors (=clubbing/after hour with admission)

Probably there is something for you :)

That's great thanks sir some good ideas there! Was definitely going to give club de visionaire a go anyway some of the others look good too

Ibiza vs Berlin is not really a debate imho. Totally different places.
Berlin is a great place, but you can do that all year. I do a weekend Berlin in winter.

Back