Basement Jaxx

hauskitten

No longer active
There's been a lot of slating on here of these people lately (I hate their music now but used to like them) well..... WTF was that I just saw on Jools Holland show :?:

Yoko Ono has done far too many trips in her time. What a fruitcake!

true although behind that eccentric facade also lies a ruthlessly manipulative, cruel and commercially savvy woman who has milked her 'cool' renaissance for all it is worth.

that said, props to her for 'walking on thin ice' - the anane version is amazing and a perennial feature on my ipod.

as for basement jaxx, not much to rant about really (not sure I can really comment in a faith stylee without being hauled over the coal again by Stephen :lol: ) just a really lame mark ronson-esque track (the sort of thing Ronson himself would probably have left on the cutting floor) performed by some session artist gimp in a webbed t-shirt needlessly rolling around on the floor like rambo under fire from the vietcong. Again, they're astute, they know how to adapt to their ever-mutating fanbase - you can't really begrudge them their success - and any electronic music at all getting on bbc tv these days is a major coup (how long ago normski/dance energy seems now!)

it's just kinda sad for those of us who remember the early jaxx - who in the late 90s, along with daft punk, cajmere, the chems and sneak made dance music exceptionally exciting again.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpELn04zd0

''She's No Good''.......''Because I'm into cock and she's about twice my body weight anyway''

Back