Barbie's Last Dance in Ibiza.....??

copperband - you make a good point there about the sunset terrace. that was probably the only thing i was dissapointed about at space this year. bora bora on the other hand. having never experienced it at its 'peak' i dont realy have anything to compare it with, which in a way is not a bad thing. however, it did feel a little bit flat during the afternoon, a cheer went up at 4.30 when the music kicked in and it was quite busy, but still devoid of any real atmosphere. we popped back at around 10 and it was certainly more lively then. im guessing the alchohol and other substances had started to kick in by then.
When I've been there, the dancing outside really didn't kick off until around 4 in previous years, so no big difference there, and usually gained critical mass around 7ish.

I'll write more about this in my review but when I took a good look one evening, I realized the numbers at Bora Bora weren't down significantly (percentage wise, no less than other clubs). What changed on the few evenings I went there was that the majority of people were dancing inside instead of outside. It was, after all, a bit chilly at night last week to run around outside half naked. :lol:

Oh dear, what have I started with the "Lights out" thing, no offence Mark!

The observation that everyone at BB was dancing inside puzzled me the first night I was in there until we realised that the speakers that they used to have above the glass door on the outside were no longer there!
So basically, the only sound actually outside is from the speakers placed inside, another baffling decision but no doubt to do with the volume limit on music outside, even between the hours it is allowed:rolleyes:
Lucky for us, the friday night we had our main night at BB (when I became "AJ" with the random cap and pink glasses) it was pissing down so we had no choice other than being inside anyway.

I brielfy met Tom in the toilets in Space - didn't have much time to chat !
I really enjoyed Ibiza for the week or so I was there, I was drunk as a skunk at Space, which was fun - so hello to everyone I met (and bored with inane chat !).
Cocoon was good as well, but it seemed to fly by and was rammed (although strangely, I wasn't really bothered by it). No afters though, which was a shame - ALL of my lot went to BED !
Our prize with We Love was unreal - proper 5 star treatment, they even had drivers for us all weekend !

I know what you mean about atmosphere though, it is lacking a bit, compared to the old days. But that's a drug thing as well, lots of people doing silly stuff that really doesn't help for creating much euphoria on a dancefloor.

Highlight of the week was Hawtin, I really enjoy his sets. And Luciano. The new Amnesia Terrace was wicked.
Ben Watt played some good stuff at Space.

Back